How to set the numeric pan value

Q&A about the latest versions
Virtualgeoffrey

I am wondering if there is a way to set the numeric pan value to something other than the default value given.

For example, I can set a direction of North in the pano but the "pan" value is predetermined by how the image was input into Pano2VR. Therefore looking North might yield a pan number of 324 or 125. I would like to reset that value to 0 or a given value but still maintain the direction/view of north in the pano.
In other words, change/set the value of the "pan", without changing the view.

---The reason is we are using the files in a LMS and if I can track when the value = 0 then I know that the user is, for example, looking north.
I realize that I can either have the LMS read whatever the value is and adjust accordingly, or I could re-import the image file, but with over 100 panos, it would be easier if I could just re-assign the value within Pano2VR.

Is that possible - Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Geoffrey
JimWatters

Can you instead of using $ap to get the pan angle, use $an to get the pan angle with north applied?
http://ggnome.com/wiki/List_of_Placeholders
Virtualgeoffrey

Jim,
Thanks, I didn't know a $an was available, since I am grabbing the variable outside of the skin and sending through a separate js file, I am not sure how I would get the $an to work???
I did explore the skin.js and found there is a getPanNorth() call. I am going to explore a bit more and see if I can get that option to play nicely.

=)
Thanks,
Geoffrey