Can all hotspots be deactivated when a dialog is shown?

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

Quite often I use a start screen, with a client's logo and a "welcome" message.

Moving the cursor around, when the start screen is still shown, pops up all the hotspot information fields.

Is there any way to disable/not show hotspots, when the start screen, info screen, or any other dialog is up?

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
Point or Poly hotspots?
How are you poping up the information fields?
A single popup box with dynamic text or individual popups depending on hotspot?
If individual are you using hotspot proxy ID's

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jobes

One simple workaround is to create a fullscreen sized container behind any popup triggered by a hotspot press; it can be fully transparent or a tint. As it sits above any other hotspot buttons it means the user can't trigger other interactive items by mistake. If you use a tint (eg 20% white or black) it has the added benefit of making it more apparent that any other screen / UI items are disabled while the pop-up is active.
Hopki
Gnome

Nice one,
A screen tint would work well here.
8)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
HaraldJ

Jobes,

Thanks, this is a VERY clever idea! It also solves another problem - when the panorama is shown in an iframe, scrolling the page starts moving the panorama around. With your fix, it's all sorted!

I've used a rectangle, coordinates -4999/-4999, length and width 9999 (is there a better way to make sure the whole panorama is covered?), I made it grey, with 10% opacity, and put it at the bottom of my start screen/info screen components. Hereis an example, I'm going to add siimilar functionality to all my other work.

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Harald,
Just position the rectangle X/Y 0/0 then make it very large. The way screens are going over 10K should be good for a while.
In all my projects I used a black rectangle with the alpha set to 0.5 or 0.8.
This darkens the panorama so the popup stands out more.
Example: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4639
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
360Texas

Might be interesting to see if Height and Width can be set by using 100% x 100%. And use anchor upper left quadrant.
Then we don't have to guess and all screen sizes win.

Maybe we should have a lesson on "Where is Zero/Zero".
For example, where measured in pixels is X axis/Y axis or 0/0 starting upper left corner of frame:

on an html page (hint maybe upper left corner and what about left/right margin distance)
on a panorama image (I think also measured in pixels 0/0 is mid image center on the horizon where center is 50% top to bottom and 50% left to right) Below the horizon is measured in minus pixels -25 below the horizon. Rotation to left is always in negative or - values and to right is positive or + values.

in a skin frame work area
in reference to an anchor point ?
in a skin container where child elements are anchored to the container upper left ?

A picture of all this would be good.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com