MINI Cooper - 5 Door

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
RobM

The New Cooper 5 door interior.

Cooper interior.

Cheers,
Rob.
360Texas

Good Morning Rob.

Very well lighted and stitched panorama. Using Chrome version 39.x I right mouse clicked and read that your project delivered a Flash and not HTML5 version.

I would not have guess it.. but clicking on the winged MINI logo made the tool bar move down off screen. I like this feature.

Constructive suggestions:

You might consider:
If you have not already done so... suggest adding multi-res for HTML5 with flash fallback.
Add a small note or graphic < > below the MINI logo button indicating there is some action associated with the toolbar.
Slowing your auto-rotation speed to 0.07
Control the visitors zoom in ability - image goes pixelated if I press too hard on the [+] button.
Try setting the viewing limit parameters Min / Max 110 max zoom out 40 or 50 min zoom in or zoom in to where it starts showing a little pixelation.

Full Zoom in looks like this:
pixelated zoom in
pixelated zoom in
minicooper.png (428.07 KiB) Viewed 15751 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

thanks for the feedback.
I thought it was HTML with flash fallback, I will check.
I've been doing HTML5 only but there is always someone who says they need FLASH. I wish it's all be just HTML5 for ease.

I binned the HTML multires as a test for upload. Will be putting that back,
I don't like tags on things. Messes up the UI. I like people to discover, as you did on the logo ;)
Zoom limit must have been off for some reason. I usually have that limited to prevent this. Will re-check. Thanks.
Autorotate. I loathe it all-together but will slow it

Cheers,
Rob.
360Texas

Hi Rob,

I suspect that there are quite a few web browsers that still are not HTML5 content aware.. results are that your work is blank white screen for them. Hence, Flash fallback function at least for next few years.

HTML multi- res will help overcome the zoom in pixelation issue.

Ah yes, I too do not use too many text explanation hint tags on buttons, helps keep the screen clutter to a minimum. I try to hide them until mouse over... provides for enlightenment or "AH -Ha moment - that is what it does" for the visitor.
And after all, for a commercial product... the visitor really needs to see the "Product" because panorama is what sells the product in the first place. All the buttons and click points are second to the product. They serve to promote the product.

The auto rotate feature differentiates the panorama experience from a static flat image. Any company owner can hire a photographer to take flat 2D images. But a panorama shows the company owner and their potential buyers THE complete product.

Thanks for letting us help.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

Actually I have made quite a lot of commercial 360s and not one client has ever asked for the auto-rotate or made me aware that it is of any value to them.
I don't think it has anything to do with differentiating between flat and immersive images actually. The one and only moment I can see the value of the auto-rotate is when a 360 is being shown at a trade show to attract people to the booth. That coupled with the random node playback adds some attraction.
For day to day use, it's nauseating and annoying. I would much rather present the product to a client on a tablet with gyro enabled and let them marvel at the fact you can immerse yourself that way. That works, that gets feedback, my clients love that.
Hopki
Gnome

Hum,
A Brit living abroad and a Left hand drive Mini.
Sort of makes sense. :lol:

Good work Rob.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

You mentioned "I would much rather present the product to a client on a tablet with gyro enabled and let them marvel at the fact you can immerse yourself that way."

I hope your client does not lay their tablet on a table. As I recall, gyro effect would be the panorama pitches straight down to the bottom.

Maybe In this instance.. good view of the MINI orange seat belt restraint locks.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

360Texas wrote:You mentioned "I would much rather present the product to a client on a tablet with gyro enabled and let them marvel at the fact you can immerse yourself that way."

I hope your client does not lay their tablet on a table. As I recall, gyro effect would be the panorama pitches straight down to the bottom.

Maybe In this instance.. good view of the MINI orange seat belt restraint locks.
oddly, the jets and cars that I have done all use gyro and point down when laying on the table. It encourages people to pick up the tablet and play :)

So clearly, very different perceptions of markets and approach to how we present things. Obviously both work :)
jobes

I've done some commercial vehicle panos and this is really good work Rob… nice one!