'Fly down' effect to introduce panoramas

Q&A about the latest versions
DHogg

Hi everyone :)

Does anyone know how this effect is achieved and whether it's available in Pano2VR?

http://360-virtualtour.net/wp-content/u ... index.html

I know it's a bit of a gimmick, but I think it looks quite cool! Obviously it only works well on external panoramas where you have lots of sky in the shot ...

Many thanks,

David
Chu

the start image is often referred to as the 'Little Planet', formed from an equirectangular image (ratio 2:1).

The example you shared is made with KRPano (go there). You can see that when you right click the scene - there are four items in the right click menu that are grouped together, the bottom one is Little Planet.

Also, the renderer isn't P2VR so this 'effect' is not possible. Not that I know of.
Unless of course, there are different render types hidden within P2VRs architecture?
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
DHogg

Hi Chu,

Ah that's interesting, it would be great if this was supported in Pano2VR at some point.

I also love the 360° interactive videos, what an amazing combination of hardware and software! That tour around the office was particularly intriguing:

http://d8d913s460fub.cloudfront.net/krp ... index.html

... unless there was a guy hiding under the camera setup wheeling it around, then it must have been mounted to a radio-controlled car of some sort ... I couldn't quite figure it out!

Ah you can see it in the video at around 48 seconds! It's a radio-controlled trolley with a laptop and spherical camera attached to it. How amazing is that! :shock:
A radio-controlled 360° panorama video machine!
A radio-controlled 360° panorama video machine!
wheeled_pano_machine.jpg (33.2 KiB) Viewed 1891 times
Anyway that's an aside ;) Thanks for confirming that the 'fly down' isn't a feature in Pano2VR yet.

Cheers!

David