Tablet hotspot / textbox interaction

Q&A about the latest versions
DHogg

Hi again :)

I've just uploaded my first tour here:

http://www.horizonimaging.co.uk/virtual_tours

and notice that none of the hotspots work on my iPad 3 ... currently the hotspots are activated by the 'Mouse Click' source. Presumably 'Pressed' is required for tablet operation?

I currently have a floating tooltip for displaying text boxes next to hotspots and buttons and these actually appear on the iPad when pressing on the hotspots (the hotspots don't take you to their destination node, no matter how many times you tap on them). Is there a generally-accepted way of bringing up a text box with one press, and then taking you to the destination of the hotspot on the second press? Or is it advised to always show text boxes on tablet versions of virtual tours and just use the 'Pressed' source for activating the hotspots?

Many thanks for your help!

David
360Texas

Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
DHogg

Hi 360Texas,

Yes I saw those comments in the other thread, thanks for sharing them :) I don't quite see how they relate to the questions in this thread though?

Many thanks :)

David
DHogg

Hmm I've tried changing the hotspot source from 'Mouse Click' to 'Pressed' and it then the hotspots no longer work with the mouse click! It takes you to the panorama but it then sits there strobing between grey and the panorama image :|

I tried having both 'Mouse Click' and 'Pressed' as sources but the same thing happened.

How are people getting hotspots to work on tablets?

Many thanks,

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Hotspot Templates should have the action:
Mouse Click => Open Next Panorama => URL: $hu => Target: $ht

The two place holders pick up from the hotspot editor $hu, the location in the URL text field and the $ht is the target data setting your pan, tilt and field of view.
This works on mouse and touch screens devices.

Here's a project for a tip video I'm working on, 3D distorted point hotspots.
Open the link and with a mouse hover over the summer house doors, then click to enter the summer house, again the same to get out.
Now open on your tablet and all should work the same, of course the tablet does not have enter and leave but you should still see the effect momentarily before you change nodes.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DHogg

Hi Hopki,

Oh I'm liking the opening door effect! Very nice 8)

Unfortunately in Safari on my iPad 3 running iOS 7.0.6, or my iPhone 5 running iOS 7.0.4, no amount of clicking on the summerhouse doors opens them :( They work fine on my computer ...

Currently all my hotspots have the action Mouse Click => Go To Url => URL: $hu => Target: $ht, although for some reason the target comes up as $self in the target column:
Hotspot actions table
Hotspot actions table
hotspot_actions.gif (5.47 KiB) Viewed 6211 times
Should I be using 'Open Next Panorama' instead of 'Go To Url'?

By the way, when I tap on a hotspot in my panorama, the hotspot text comes up, and I get a static panorama loading bar ... just no panorama at the end of it. The same applies if I tap on one of the map hotspots or one of the node thumbnails, both of which are setup as Node Markers ...

Many thanks for your help,

David
Hopki
Gnome

Hi David,
Working ok here on iOS 8.1, iPhone, iPad.
IV got an iPad 1 kicking around on iOS 5 somewhere I'll test with that later.
Re target that's ok.
You can use eairher open next or go to URL, I prefer open next.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
JimWatters

I just tried with my iPad mini, the HotSpots are working for me Safari and Chrome.
I notice that the full screen button is not working with iOS.
On Android Chrome full screen works but not with Browser, and Firefox.
DHogg

Many thanks for your feedback Hopki, Jim.

How strange ... I wonder if something's changed in the iPad Safari browser between iOS 7 and 8 then?

I've just downloaded Chrome for the iPad and it also doesn't work on that! Tapping a hotspot, map hotspot or panorama thumbnail just brings up a 'The panorama is 0% loaded' screen which just sits there :(

I've also noticed the play/pause toggle for the sound hotspots doesn't work either ... and the direction sound hotspot isn't directional ... my iPad seems to be quite stubborn! :o

I guess there's nothing else I can do differently with the panorama to try and fix these problems as they seem to be specific to my device?

Thanks again for your help,

David
DHogg

Hi Hopki,

Have you had any further thoughts on this problem?

Many thanks for your help,

David
Chu

DHogg wrote:I wonder if something's changed in the iPad Safari browser between iOS 7 and 8 then?
I've also noticed the play/pause toggle for the sound hotspots doesn't work either
Having similar issues on iDevices, my play buttons don't start sound playing when clicked (tapped) & normal elements with 'open URL' do not visit the link when clicked (tapped)

hmmm
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
I have an iPad 3 with 8.1 and I have tested with projects that have video, sounds, popups and other skin/media editor elements.
All seem to be working.

The only thing I can suggest is upload your complete project, including your media, input images and skin and send me a link at support@ggnome.com.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Chu

Hopki wrote:The only thing I can suggest is upload your complete project, including your media, input images and skin and send me a link at support@ggnome.com
Thanks Hopki, I'll prepare the packages for you and hopefully you can help with something that has frustrated me for months, holding up projects for release.
I understand the limitations with iOS & audio, but sometimes the coding aspect and relational scripting required in P2VR fails my already pixel-bashed brain.
Thanks
Using:
Pano2VR PRO 6.1.15 pro 64bit
build 18116/5.12.2

Windows 10 x64
Human Brain v1.3

est.1971