html5 image quality

Q&A about the latest versions
adriansinc@gmail.com

Hi there, I have started outputting html5 and noticed that image quality is taking a hit. Flash output , set to 90 in tile settings is about 7mb for one pano. Html5 at 90 in tile settings is for some reason 17mb and looks less detailed/sharp. Even when I drop Flash output to 51 in tile settings it looks better than Html5 at 90.

I am viewing on high res monitor 2560x1660

Is this normal?

Whats going on?!

Thanks.
adriansinc@gmail.com

Well it looks like this subject has been chewed over in other posts that i found on here....

I found a fix that i did not find mentioned here, - turn off Dynamic Kernal/ Anti aliasing, under interpolation filer type, in settings. It got rid of the fuzziness in the html5 version of my tour and now the html5 looks pretty much identical to the nice and sharp Flash version.

Hooray!
JimWatters

I am not able to reproduce this behavior. I am getting the exact same size and quality for both multiresolution Flash and HTML5.

Dynamic Kernal/ Anti aliasing made less then a 1% difference in file size and small changes in quality.

Did you enabled: Flash Output | Settings | Image Quality | Tile Quality... ?
adriansinc@gmail.com

Hi Jim, I will try boosting up the tile size but i think the issue was my hi res 2560x1660 editing monitor as I found that on a 'normal' 1080p monitor it was not really noticeable at all. That said I do like all my photo work to look right on that high a resolution even if most of the world does not see it that high! So your tip may well help a lot, thanks. It seems quite obvious now, but i'm a bit of a dope so usually need the obvious pointing out to me! cheers.