Stretched and messed up tiles

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Running 4.5 and seeing massively distorted tiles when after I've processed a tour.
If I view the tile files on their own they are all fine.

On Flash, if I zoom in past the default view the tiles get corrupted. In HTML, if I zoom out, they get corrupted.

I did re-use a project file from an older project. Could that be it?

Any idea what's going on? I'm seeing this is flash as well as HTML5 and of course, I'm due to deliver the project today. typical!

Cheers,
Rob.
RobM

Processed it all in 4.1 and no issue now it seems.

I'm guessed that something in the old project file borked the 4.5 output
JimWatters

If you have both Flash and HTML multiresolution tiles pointing to the same folder you need to make sure that they are using the same naming schema. The easy way to do this is to copy and paste the filename from one to the other. Also make sure the Level Tile Size and all the levels match between Flash and HTML5.

You only need to generate the tiles for one of either Flash or HTML5. But remember that after making changes to the tile schema, and before generating tiles again it is best to delete the folder containing the previous tiles.

An even better solution. If you have the same skin for both HTML5 and Flash, Only generate HTML5 output with multiresolution then on the HTML tab check the Flash Fallback Player. There is no need to generate a separate Flash output. The Flash fallback player and HTML5 will use the same images and skin to show the pano.
RobM

JimWatters wrote:If you have both Flash and HTML multiresolution tiles pointing to the same folder you need to make sure that they are using the same naming schema. The easy way to do this is to copy and paste the filename from one to the other. Also make sure the Level Tile Size and all the levels match between Flash and HTML5.

You only need to generate the tiles for one of either Flash or HTML5. But remember that after making changes to the tile schema, and before generating tiles again it is best to delete the folder containing the previous tiles.

An even better solution. If you have the same skin for both HTML5 and Flash, Only generate HTML5 output with multiresolution then on the HTML tab check the Flash Fallback Player. There is no need to generate a separate Flash output. The Flash fallback player and HTML5 will use the same images and skin to show the pano.
Thanks Jim, Some good tips there.

The odd thing is that the exact same project file worked in 4.1. No tweaks to naming.
So I guess some subtle changes in 4.5 caused the issue.
I'm all for going html5 only but some clients are still asking for flash