Scaleable floor plans

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
jmcilvaine

Hi all!

Still working on ideas for my real estate tours. While the cloud based service works for me and is quick and easy, it still cant compare to the flexability and image quality of P2VR. I have not given up hope that one day I will have something that I can efficiently build tours with.

One of the things P2VR seems to not be able to do (yet) is scale images, so I came up with a little work around:

http://www.inmotionrems.com/tours/demo/ ... /scale_fp/

This demo works best on larger hi-res monitors (my monitors are 1920x1080). Clicking on the floor plan icon toggles a floorplan and also toggles two "zoom" buttons. In the default 900x600 size, the plan is OK, but if you pop out to full screen it look like a postage stamp. With this skin, a user with a larger monitor can easily resize the floorplan by clicking the "+" button several times. Cliking the "+" button increases the size of the plan from 50% to 100% in 10% increments, making it possible to "fit" the plan nicely in a range of monitor resolutions.

This is just to demonstrate scaling the floor plan. The "+" and "-" buttons are actually 5 buttons stacked on top of each other with actions to scale the plan and swap out the proper buttons as the user scales the image up or down. The full screen toggle also has actions to "reset" the plan to the default 50% size and set the "+" and "-" buttons to the default settings.

Also take note that the panorama is now a separate component of an overall real estate tour "skin" which is made up of a "tour" a "gallery" and a "video". This addresses the issue of how P2VR handles still images and video. Users can easily choose between viewing a virtual tour, image gallery or video (youtube, vimeo or whatever) and view all 3 in full screen. I be adding other components like property details, printable brochure, contact info, location map, etc.

I figure its best to use P2VR for what it excels at, and use other components for things that P2VR was not intended for. Having an image gallery as a separate "component" will cut my time to make a tour in half the way I was trying to do it.

When I have this completed I will post a project file for anyone interested.

Joe
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Joe,
Another way is to use a large floor plan image and move it around in a masking container. You can then use node markers to change the position. You can also add, up, down, left and right buttons to move the floor plan in the masking container using change relative position.
Just a thought
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jmcilvaine

Hi Hopki!

Thats a really good idea, it will address the "overflow" issue the skin currently has if the user over expands the image. A mask will keep it neat and clean.

Thanks!

Joe