click/double click on iOS devices

Q&A about the latest versions
360vr_nl

Clicking a skin button in a HTML5 pano sometimes gives a double click in stead of a single click, thus the command is executed twice and not once.
It seems to occur randomly, cannot predict when it will happen.

Has anyone else noticed this, but more important: is there anything I can do about this?
Is there somewhere a hidden 'click-delay value'?

Karel
360vr_nl

Am I really the only one with this issue?
If so, there must be something wrong with my setup.

Anyone?

Karel
360Texas

Actually no I have not experienced this issue.

Our Win 8 system is set for only single click. (reduces 50% number of mouse clicks)

When testing HTML5 / Flash projects on our iPad3 iOS 6 single taps generate single actions.

Are you using iOS 6 or newer 7 ? What Apple iOS device are you using ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
360vr_nl

Well, I am having this issue on both iPhone (4 and 5) and iPad on both iOS 6 and 7, so I don't think it is device related.

Maybe you could try my project on your iPad please? You can find my testproject here: http://360vr.nl/VSM/t_test

It is meant to mimic the Flash version of this tour in HTML5, with 3-way navigation: clicking the map-hotspots, the blue arrows or the previews in the filmstrip.

Clicking the filmstrip-arrows is where it goes wrong: It is supposed to shift only one thumbnail but it does randomly a one or double click, so when you are at the end of the filmstrip it accidentally can 'overshoot' the end of the strip.

Thanks,

Karel
Howard

I've solved this by using a "mouse-up" event rather than a click.

But now... nothing works for me on iOS7; panos crash the browser, Safari, or Chrome.
360vr_nl

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

As a matter of fact, apart from some small formatting issues, iOS 7 works OK with me (iPad 2) :?: