Pan/Rotation Speed by using keyboard

Q&A about the latest versions
the_b

Hallo,

in many ways it is possible to change the rotation speed in pano2vr. But now I am searching for the possibility to set the rotation speed by using the navigation buttons of a keyboard. Has someone an idea how to manage this?
Thanks for help.
Bert
Don

Perhaps try this. Seems reasonable. Just a thought.

Step #1. Refer to this article about using keyboard functions in javascript. Create a similar javascript function in your pano.html page. In step #2, use the control-plus keys to increase speed. Use control-minus keys to decrease speed.
http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/using-k ... javascript

Step #2. Refer to the pano2vr javascript API. Use pano.changePan() to offset the current pan angle in degrees. To speed up changePan by large angles, i.e. 2 or 3 degrees at a time. To slow down, changePan by small angles, i.e. 1/4 or 1/2 degree at a time. And maybe use the shift-control-plus keys to changePan the opposite direction fast. And the shift-control-minus keys to changePan the opposite direction slow.
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... Script_API

Or, taking your question literally, use the keys control-1 and the pano.setAutoRotate() function to set the rotate speed to 1000 milliseconds, or whatever the pano.setAutoRotate() speed units are. And control-2 to 2000 milliseconds. And control-3 to 3000 milliseconds.

You have lots of choices to use any combination of keys you desire, and a couple combinations of the functions listed on the pano2vr javascript API page.
the_b

Hey Don,

thanks for your fast replay. But I guess there is a misunderstanding. I don´t wanna set the speed for autorotation. Sorry for my bad explanation.

In my case the tour is shown not by internet but in a kind of terminal. In this tour there is no autorotation and the visitors of the tour have no mouse or something like this to control the panorama but a little keyboard. If they wanna turn the Pano to the left they have to press the left arrow on the keyboard. So far so good. But if you press i.e. the right-arrow-key it´s turn quite fast to the right. I would like to have it slower.
The tour is in HTML5 and there is no p2q_embed_object.js file or something else. only the pano2vr_player.js but there i dont find pano.changePan() or other term you was writing about.
If you or anybody else have an idea please send ist to me.
Thanks!
Bert
360Texas

Ah, now I understand. I am using Pano2vr 4.5 b 64 bit and I am looking at the provided SIMPLEX skin AND I am creating a FLASH output

I just built an HTML5/ Flash project and tried modifying the < and > arrow speed. The RIGHT > Arrow does slow down rotation [read very very slow] but the < LEFT arrow the speed remains unchanged regardless of modifying the speed value.

WHEN IT WORKs... this is how to make those speed changes.

note: left rotation is a minus value. Right rotation is a plus value

For now just make both < and > arrows 0.07 that is a medium speed.

In the skin - locate the icon [<] button and click it to open the properties of that button.

You will see for the left button:
Source = pressed
Action = Pan Left
Parameters = currently blank I think if blank then default speed is .4 or 4/10th of 1 degree.. which is fast
Double click the blank entry and ACTION SETTINGS box opens. You should see Source = Pressed Action Pan Left now make the speed value -0.07 (minus value)
=====
To change the Right [>] button repeat above sequence and change the Speed blank value to 0.07 (plus value)

Press OK to close and save the skin
Rebuild your project.

Test the tool bar < > speed .. if too slow change the values to 0.07 or some slightly higher value.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
the_b

Hey Dave,

thanks for this instructions. And actually, if I understand it correctly, I did this already. I changed the speed of the arrow in the skin and set it to 0.1
The result is, that when I press the arrow sign in the skin, the panorama turns quite slow. but it doesn´t has any effect to the arrow-keys on the keyboard.
Does it has an slow turning effect in your tour, when you use the arrow keys of the computer keyboard?
b.
Hopki
Gnome

Please see Issue #872
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
the_b

Hey Hopky,

I dont get it. :?
if i click your link, than it open a page where i can find a link to this topic. So what does it mean? Can I find there any solution to this problem?
Thanks.
Bert
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This means I have reported the problem to the developers so they can look into it.
As you say, you can change the pan speed when using buttons in the skin but this has no effect when using the keyboard arrow keys.
Reporting it in the feature/bug tracker means it will get seen.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
the_b

OK. Thank you for that.
So I guess, for now there is no solution. :( So I will hope and wait. :wink:
b.