reworked website with pano as index page

Q&A about the latest versions
Carel

I redid http://sphericalpanoramas.com to make it more html5 accessible. I more or less ignored anything smaller than a tablet as far as the skin is concerned. At first I wanted to do the whole website with only Pano2VR, but creating the various galleries and future gallery updates would have become too cumbersome. The index page is completely done within Pano2vr.

Carel Struycken
Don

Beautiful panos. I like the way they change with each visit.
Carel

I like the way they change with each visit.
It would be even better if I could hide the last part of the url, so that if people copy and paste the url, it will only copy sphericalpanoramas.com and not what comes after it.
ScottWitte

Carel wrote:It would be even better if I could hide the last part of the url, so that if people copy and paste the url, it will only copy sphericalpanoramas.com and not what comes after it.
There are several ways to accomplish this, I'm sure. For instance:

You could have the panos in an iframe on a general index page.

You could have several versions of scripts, each loading a different pano. Your random generator then selects which script to run to show which random pano.

You could set variables depending on which random number was generated and use those random values in a single standard script.
Carel

You could have the panos in an iframe on a general index page.
Yes, that is how I used to have it in the past and is also the only method I managed to implement due to my coding illiteracy. This time I did not want to use an iframe because iOS still cannot escape from an iframe to "true" fullscreen. But as the gallery button on the index page goes to a new tab/window anyhow, it should not be an issue. Back to an iframe then :-)

Carel