Large flat HTML in 4.5beta crashing

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

I loaded up a large flat PSD (6000px) and created a quick HMTL only file to test the multires. The output was ok but I noticed the file input was set to auto and not flat. So I reselected Flat instead and re-rendered the project. It crashes every time

Windows 64bit version.

Which is actually pretty damn frustrating because this was the one feature I wanted to use.
RobM

'please note: flat images are currently not exported in the HTML5 export'

So hang on a moment. Why not?
Damn this. this in the one damn thing I wanted to use. Argh!
Don

RobM wrote:...this was the one feature I wanted to use.
Yup, agreed. I see issue #0000078 got moved to version 5.x on the roadmap. That's okay. Good things take time:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/roadm ... oject_id=1

While my pano outputs will remain 100% html5, I am considering ways to use flash for only the flat images, until version 5.x is released.
RobM

Don wrote:
Yup, agreed. I see issue #0000078 got moved to version 5.x on the roadmap. That's okay. Good things take time:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/roadm ... oject_id=1

While my pano outputs will remain 100% html5, I am considering ways to use flash for only the flat images, until version 5.x is released.
Don,
I'm using FLASH for that but as a lot of my clients are moving to mobile presentations It' s pointless making them if they can't be viewed on the ipad.
I have honestly given up trying make anything totally compatible with anything Android too. There are just too many permutations there and it smacks of days gone by when you have to brief a client on what hardware they need and what software and what version of Ben and Jerry's Snickers then have to have installed.
The world of 360 stuff is catching up fast, the people who want to stand out from the googles of this world need to be able to push forwards. We keep getting told HTML is the way but when the tools aren't there? More waiting.

More than slightly disappointed at this.
soulbrother

Just to make shure that Thomas will get more input:

Yes, I also need that point: flat panos in both: html5 and flash - mixed in a tour with 360° panos - we wait since long time for that...
RobM

Thomas, Martin.
An approximate time frame rather than silence for multires html flat panos would be appreciated.

The whole upgrade to 4 was emphasising that the world is changing to HTML5. The world is there. This last version is only part way there.

I've the horrible feeling that this is all getting too big, too quick. I need a professional solution to address professional needs. I'm expanding my business and with the promise of so many new and fabulous features I have stuck with this software in hope. If clients are taking me the other side of the world to shoot for them, I need to be able to deliver what they want. I've invested heavily in custom hardware to reduce limitations, the software needs to be up there too.
jare

RobM wrote:Thomas, Martin.
An approximate time frame rather than silence for multires html flat panos would be appreciated.

The whole upgrade to 4 was emphasising that the world is changing to HTML5. The world is there. This last version is only part way there.

I've the horrible feeling that this is all getting too big, too quick. I need a professional solution to address professional needs. I'm expanding my business and with the promise of so many new and fabulous features I have stuck with this software in hope. If clients are taking me the other side of the world to shoot for them, I need to be able to deliver what they want. I've invested heavily in custom hardware to reduce limitations, the software needs to be up there too.
I agree with everything written above. Some missing features could move Pano2VR far forward. Personally for my work (I think for others too), the most waited features are:
- Add duration to a change action.
- Speed setting and "endless" mode for change element angle/position
- Scale images with window, ability of sizing skin's elements in screen %
- flat HTML5 output
- improve media editor for better work with pinned, distorted hotspots
- improve output image quality, see topic http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... f=6&t=8807
- HTML5 transitions
- blurred preview
- encoding / protecting tiles
360Texas

My personal opinion is that HTML5 for ALL is still several years away.

Today only a few browsers embrace HTML5.

Adobe's 2012 press release stating that it was dropping Flash only a small hand full of smart phones.. was misquoted by a lot of people to mean the sky was falling.. Flash was dead after a year were wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5
HTML5 or HTML 5.0 recommendation Sept 2014.
HTML 5.1 recommendation 2016
HTML 5.2 1st working draft 2015

Flash 11. x is actively being upgraded for PC's, Mac desktop's. Microsoft's Internet Explorer 10 includes pre installed Flash as an Add-on. Archive Flash player for the several 100 million smart phones is available

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Don

Don wrote:
...While my pano outputs will remain 100% html5, I am considering ways to use flash for only the flat images, until [pano2vr] version 5.x is released.
Rob, another option I am considering is:
1. Use something like Zoomify html5 Developer ($50 USD) to generate tiles of my flat images.
2. Use the Zoomify html5 Developer "smart link" tools to create hotspots between the flat images and the pano tour.
4. Use custom javascript to swap <div> tags on the html page, thus allow visitors to switch between the pano views and the flat views.

The zoomify strategy is just a thought. Not yet tested, but soon. I will post whether it works. The bottom-line is that my project requires flat images and pano tours on non-flash devices. When pano2vr does provide html5 flat images, then I look forward to dumping the zoomify work-around.

Don

REFERENCES:
a. http://www.zoomify.com/html5.htm
RobM

Don wrote:
Don wrote:
...While my pano outputs will remain 100% html5, I am considering ways to use flash for only the flat images, until [pano2vr] version 5.x is released.
Rob, another option I am considering is:
1. Use something like Zoomify html5 Developer ($50 USD) to generate tiles of my flat images.
2. Use the Zoomify html5 Developer "smart link" tools to create hotspots between the flat images and the pano tour.
4. Use custom javascript to swap <div> tags on the html page, thus allow visitors to switch between the pano views and the flat views.

The zoomify strategy is just a thought. Not yet tested, but soon. I will post whether it works. The bottom-line is that my project requires flat images and pano tours on non-flash devices. When pano2vr does provide html5 flat images, then I look forward to dumping the zoomify work-around.

Don

REFERENCES:
a. http://www.zoomify.com/html5.htm
Cheers Don,
Going to have a look. I'm useless at anything remotely programming but am teaming up with some guys who are whizzos.
RobM

So, No official word on this?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob,
Sorry I could not offer any information up until now as needed to talk with Thomas.
The bug tracker states it will be in version 5, however after some talks it has been decided that it will make it in the final release of 4.5.
When exactly this will be I can not say but what I can say is we want 4.5 out of beta as soon as we can.
Still not nailing it down but at least you know this is will be in 4.5.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Hopki wrote:Hi Rob,
Sorry I could not offer any information up until now as needed to talk with Thomas.
The bug tracker states it will be in version 5, however after some talks it has been decided that it will make it in the final release of 4.5.
When exactly this will be I can not say but what I can say is we want 4.5 out of beta as soon as we can.
Still not nailing it down but at least you know this is will be in 4.5.
Regards,
Hopki

Excellent. Thanks Martin.
Howard

As a workaround for a "flat" pano in HTML5, try using cylindrical, and setting the Hor FoV to around 30.
Don

Howard wrote:As a workaround for a "flat" pano in HTML5, try using cylindrical, and setting the Hor FoV to around 30.
That might be okay for photographs, but not for maps and plans - the horizontal and vertical lines must be straight, not even slightly bent. In that sense, the pano2vr flash flat image nodes are top-notch.

This is RobM's post, but for me, Hopki's comment above is tremendously appreciated.