Small 4.5 beta 1 bug

Q&A about the latest versions
360vr_nl

First of all, I think overall it is a good release and works as expected. My compliments, Thomas!

I think I might have stumbled upon a small bug: in the non-pro version, when creating a tour, the Tour Node/Tag list is not persistent.
Drop down menu disappears when reopening the skin.
Furthermore, changing the value requires retyping the whole value, changing one number or character doesn't work.

And another thing: I think that Issue #699 is not resolved in this version. I still get a crash when dragging a lot of pngs to the batch window.

Karel
k.ary.n
Gnome

Thanks for the feedback, Karel!

The non-pro version does not have a Tour Browser that would hold the list of tags. So, I'm a bit confused. ;)

Which dropdown menu and values are you referring to?
360vr_nl

Hi Karyn,

I am referring to this menu:

While I can (almost) understand that a drop down list is not available in the non-pro version (although: why not store these values in the skin?) I do need this field to create my tours. And of course creating a tour is possible in the non-pro version too :D

This might be a good moment to repeat my request I made to Thomas in iceland: can we please have a branded 'prosumer' version of P2VR with the tour facilities enabled? At about the double price of the standard version? 8)

Karel
k.ary.n
Gnome

From what I understand, to include a tag list from all projects would be impractical for the non-pro version. However, linking the tags between the current project and skin makes sense and i've added this as a feature request. I hope that helps at least a little bit. :)
360vr_nl

Thanks for that, Karyn.

But what remains is that I think there is a small bug in the edit window of the list.
In the 4.1 version I can make a small edit in the equivalent of the red circled part (see my screenshot), but in the 4.5 version I need to erase the old content and enter a new content before is is recognized.

Karel
k.ary.n
Gnome

Funny, I can't reproduce what you describe, but there is certainly a bug there. If I add a tag and then move on to another element, the content is actually lost - I can't get it back at all. The field becomes empty. Obviously, something's not right and a bug report has been made. You also can't add text to the Clone fields which I don't think is terribly necessary, but you can do it in 4.1.
DDiCarlo

Hello,

I actually have the pro version and I still cannot add tags in the skin to nodes. How can I work around this in the meantime while waiting for an update? I have a few skins that have tags and no it seems my skin is unusable unless I can somehow modify the tags. Is there no other work around except to uninstall 4.5?

Thanks,
Dean
thomas
Chief Gnome

DDiCarlo wrote:How can I work around this in the meantime while waiting for an update? I have a few skins that have tags and no it seems my skin is unusable unless I can somehow modify the tags. Is there no other work around except to uninstall 4.5?
You can install version 4.1 into a different directory and only use the skin editor of 4.1. For the output you can use the 4.5beta.
MfG, Thomas