The voice of one crying in the wilderness

Q&A about the latest versions
hum@no.id

A many years, sorely lacking in the concept Pano2VR "the obvious one" - a very necessary solution - blurring pre download/preview content.

Customers always poke a finger at other examples (other solutions) where this is exist... oh, I'm very tired

*also would be fantastic to realize a dissolve transition to HTML5
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
jobes

I'd vote for a dissolve (and a fade to colour) transition for HTML5 too. But I'd rather have multi-res HTML5, which I hope should be with us very soon… transitions would be a bonus once that's been delivered.

I wonder if there's a way round the blur load issue using existing technologies and some clever skin deisgn… loading a low res blurred proxy panorama first, then transitioning to a full resolution one once it has loaded in the background? I think a low resolution blurred proxy would load quickly and would scale well.
Don

In html5 I Googled "css div style transition dissolve from to" and found many results. This example shows fade out and in between two images:
http://webdesign.about.com/od/examples/ ... twoImgSwap

The html5 pano displays in <div id="container"> on the web page. The <div id="container" style="....."> is where the transition values will be entered. Perhaps Pano2VR skin actions, such as "Move to View" or "Open Next Panorama" could modify the <div id="container" style="....."> values as needed to acheive the fade out and in effect? That's why I like Pano2VR, the API allows us to do a lot of things ourselves. (I have not done transitions myself, or I would show you the code.)

Edit: Google "html5 blur image canvas" and example http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/ ... gefilters/
Last edited by Don on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jare

Html5/Css3 Transitions and Blured preview (I'm not sure that this is the "Fade blur effect") as well as many other useful things are more than 2 years in the bugtracker, waiting to be resolved.
Let's hope Thomas deliver us a professional authoring tool soon finally.
hum@no.id

The cross-dissolve (fade) transition - it's ok - we wait...........
----
Long awaited "Blurred Preview", should be available in the Visuals / Download/Preview/Type (hopefully in the future) for low resolution pre-contents. I myself have tried to manually blur the 6 sides of cube via Photoshop (from output files folder)... but of course it makes the seams on the sides of the cube edges. There (in Pano2VR) should be a "blur algorithm" in the program, which will provide a uniform blurring over the entire texture
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
jobes

I myself have tried to manually blur the 6 sides of cube via Photoshop (from output files folder)... but of course it makes the seams on the sides of the cube edges.
That probably goes some way to explaining why the feature's not there yet… it's an image processing one, and so probably requires a lot of extra work (especially depending on what projection the source panorama is in)

Only tool I know which'll blur a 360x180 (equirectangular) image is the excellent free sIBL-edit from HDRLabs. I've never tried doing it with a non-32bit image, and the function only exists as a by-product of preparing a small HDR, rather than an explicit function from what I can remember.
http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/sibl-edit.html
hum@no.id

Only tool I know which'll blur a 360x180 (equirectangular).....
This is not exactly...
The blur ouput source - what you have shown is the creation of maps of reflection for 3D graphics, it's the texture that will participate in an environment with location of the light source this texture on the surface of the reflectors ... chrome object etc.

Also...
Add blur FX to Spherical texture (with no visible seam) can easily be in the same Photoshop 3D mode... but after that there will be a lot of manipulation of the envelope, conversion, substitution, overwriting the existing files etc. in the Pano2VR output preview files ... it's not about that ...
I'm looking for quick ways to ... but they do not, there is no such simple things in Pano2VR...