Chrome and Firefox on Android

Q&A about the latest versions
Jijel

Hi there!

I'm just trying to get my panos working on my Nexus 10 using html5. I'm running into two problems.

1. With chrome there are errors. The movement is choppy, when looking up or down white squares are visible before the missing piece appears and the gyroscope controls are extremely sensitive.

So I tried Firefox instead which works very good with the exact same panorama, except

2. that the gyroscope controls are mixed up: When I turn right the pano turns left.

From searching for solutions I have the impression that there is no good/easy way to fix problem 1., but is there a way to fix Nr. 2?

Regards,

Christian

P.S.: Oh, if you want to try, the Pano-URL is http://4wolf.eu/pano/070424--TribergerWasserfaelle.html. The pano there might change once in a while as I'm still trying different options/resolutions etc.
Don

Regarding #2, have you tried calibrating your Nexus 10 gyroscope? Moving the device two or three times in a figure-8 has worked on a couple of my different mobile devices (not a Nexus 10). Check the web to see how to calibrate a Nexus 10 gyroscope.
kris

Hi,
On android devices opera mobile & beta are working very well. In opera beta you can view in fulscreen too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... owser.beta
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ra.browser
Jijel

Don wrote:Regarding #2, have you tried calibrating your Nexus 10 gyroscope? Moving the device two or three times in a figure-8 has worked on a couple of my different mobile devices (not a Nexus 10). Check the web to see how to calibrate a Nexus 10 gyroscope.
I tried that and GPS status tells mit it's calibrated perfectly. In that app the gyroscope doesn't jiggle like in chrome.
Jijel

kris wrote:Hi,
On android devices opera mobile & beta are working very well. In opera beta you can view in fulscreen too.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... owser.beta
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ra.browser
Opera Beta apparently isn't compatible with the Nexus 10. I tried it on the Galaxy S3 where it works perfectly.

Opera Mobile displays the pano just fine, but doesn't react to gyroscope controls at all on the Nexus.

:cry:
mr_cg

2. that the gyroscope controls are mixed up: When I turn right the pano turns left.
I have the same issue with Firefox on Android devices.
In general i think Firefox is the best browser for me on my android devices to view the html5 pano's.
But because of this issue not really nice.

Any idea how to fix this (change gyro control left/right)?
a) modification on firefox?
or
b) modification of pano2vrgyro.js?

Would be great to fix this.
Thx
bd360

Having same two problems mentioned above while testing my html5 panos on my Nexus 4.

Seems no one found any solution without changing such two popular browser Chrome & Firefox to Opera.

btw, Thanks Jijel for coming out with these problems.
360Texas

Its not the device you are using IT really is all about your device web page browser.

Well we appreciate your comments... however it would really be helpful if you can tell us what Android version operatings system you are using. AND what browser you are using. Some native Android WebKit browsers really do lack the functionality you are talking about.

It would also help by providing the URL Address pages that you find that do not work. Webpage address please.

By the way, I did use my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and native mobile Chrome browser (no flash viewer installed) which is HTML5 content aware and it worked quite well on the Wolf 4 water fall panorama. The GS4 uses the gyroscope module. It loaded fast and was a bit jerky during rotation.

When moving to left the gyroscope turned left. Tilt device down and the pano tilted down to see the Wolf4 logo. I tried the tool bar function. All worked except the 3 buttons on the far right end. So controls almost seemed to work properly.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
mr_cg

The latest pano2vr_player.js from v4.1.0 works really terrible on my android devices (Samsung Galaxy S2, Asus TF700T).
Fullscreen is crashing and the movement is very very jerky.

I tried with build in browser but realized best performance with latest Firefox for Android.
In order to get rid of the problems i replaced the pano2vr_player.js and skin.js with the versions from 4.0.
Performance with Firefox is ok but still i have the issue with wrong direction (left/right are mixed) with it.

As android has now the biggest market share i think lot of users would like to get improvements here in later versions.
Now a days the things should be also optimized for android OS.

So my request would be that the java player will be optimized for latest version of android OS (>4.1).
Also recommendation on which android browser should be used (tested and optimized browser) would be great.

Would be nice to see some improvements on the android support in coming versions.
Thx
Christian
DennisS

No complainets using Opera on my Galaxy S3. Nice smooth scrolling and the gyro works great. I tried Chrome and Firefox and had horrible results.

Android 4.1.2
Opera 12.10.ADR-1301080958
mr_cg

Another question to the developers.

Where does the java viewer file "pano2vr_player.js" come from??
When i search the hard disc i do not find this file. Other files like "pano2vrgyro.js" i can find.
So it seems that it will be generated from Pano2VR when exporting the project to html5 output.
If so ... the output file could be different dependent on installed Java environment???
Is this correct and could this the reason that my "pano2vr_player.js" from 4.1.0 is not working properly???
360Texas

Its a part of the international copywrite protected core program.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com