HTML5 'over state' node issues and loader hangs

Q&A about the latest versions
DDiCarlo

Hi all,

In HTML, hovering over an image triggers its 'over state' image, but if I use an image with an over-state as a node, it doesn't seem to work. Is this just a limitation with HTML5 or do I need to do something else to get that sort of mouse over functionality?

Also, the loading bar hangs at 93% every time in the HTML version (works fine in flash). I can just click it, it goes away and the tour is fine, but what caused the loading bar to hang and is there a way to prevent?

Thanks,
Dean
George Palov

I have similar issues with HTML5 also
Howard

I've found that the "loader bar hang" is such a frequent issue in my HTML5 tours that I solved it... by eliminating the loader bar from any skin intended for HTML5. Really, the loader bar isn't IMHO needed in today's web, with faster broadband almost everywhere.
DDiCarlo

Actually, I am more concerned with the interested in the issue where the "node" can't have a "over-state". I swear that I've seen tours online in HTML 5 with an overstate. I'd really like to have it highlighted when someone scrolls onto it. If I have an image, the overstate works, but when an image with an overstate is attached to a node, it doesn't seem to work. I am sure there must be a work around if this is a limitation, but before I go crazy trying to come up with a solution, I'd love to know if this is some sort of limitation and if anyone else has already come up with a solution.

Thanks guys!
Dean
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The button states should work with the node marker/markertemplate as it does with Flash in the HTML5 output, it's late here and have made a note to bug track tomorrow.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DDiCarlo

Thanks Hopki,

I created a very simple project to show that Flash works and HTML5 does not with respect to 'over state' for Node markers.

Look forward to your review.

Thanks,

Dean
HTML Node Test.zip
HTML5 node marker over state does not work.
(641.54 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
DDiCarlo

Any idea on this? I've made the test project very easy to digest. I think this may be a bug and not having an overstate makes it a bit more difficult to navigate. Thanks.
Don

DDiCarlo wrote:Any idea on this?
Dean, looking at your html5 test I see the mouseover action IS triggering, but the over-state image is not displayed as expected. (The little white spot that displays is the empty $ut placeholder.) So, the mouseover is triggering, and that leads me to think your over-state SVG image is the problem. Maybe try some other SVG images as a test, such as the GG provided marker images. See if they work better. If so, then use some other SVG editor?
Last edited by Don on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don

Dean, nope. I am wrong. I experimented and substituted the GG provided node markers named "marker_normal.svg" and "marker_normal_o.svg" with no luck. After that I experimented more and re-created the marker template, and rebuilt the html5 output using my own pano images - the node marker onmouseover image still does not display in html5. I tested using IE 10 and Firefox 20. Also, in the skin.js file the function "this._marker_normal.onmouseover" looks a-okay. So....still a mystery.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Dean,
This is a bug as it should be working, please see Issue #714
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
DDiCarlo

Ok, thanks guys. SInce I am fairly new at this, I just always assume it's something I'm doing wrong first ;-) I appreciate the help from both of you.