node marker issue

Q&A about the latest versions
gwindle

Hello -

I have a tour that uses node markers and tags to show specific containers filled with thumbnail buttons based on the current panorama. These thumbnail containers are unique to each building in my tour. So, the idea is that when you are in a building that has multiple rooms/locations within it, you can click the thumbnail button to go to the different rooms within the building. This works fine, and the correct thumbnail container activates and deactivates based on the building you are currently in.
I created this functionality based on the example here:http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Usi ... _(Pano2VR)

I have now been asked to create an "Areas Of Interest" menu filled with categories that contain rooms from multiple buildings. So if you click on a category called "sciences", for example, you would get a container filled with science thumbnail buttons from maybe 5 different buildings. To achieve the desired behavior, I created more node markers and tags to show these new "Areas Of Interest" thumbnail button containers. My issue is that when you are at a location in a specific building, the container with the building thumbnail buttons show as well as the new "Area Of Interest" container. They overlap because they are both triggered and showing at the same time. This is happening because each pano now has two tags that activate two different button containers when at that location.

I have tried various show/hide combinations with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance.

Greg
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Greg,
Would need to better understand the layout of the skin, but my thoughts are have both sets of containers in more containers not controlled by the node markers, then you can have a button to manually show and hide which ever set of thumbnails.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/