Sounds play in Flash & HTML5...but not ipad?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
AncientCityPhoto

I have multi-panorama tour. Each pano has a sound (surround) added into the sound editor. When you select a pano from the navigation, the sound begins playing when the pano loads.There is a button in the navigation that is a play/pause action on the sound. There is no target selected.

Issue 1: In flash everything works perfectly. In HTML5 desktop the play/pause button does not work.

Issue 2: On the Ipad, on the first two panoramas load sound. The rest do nothing when they load.

Sounds are mp3 and ogg file.

What is going on here?
AncientCityPhoto

If I set the play/pause button to target "_main" then the button does not work in flash. In HTML it works to stop the sound...but then you can not play the sound again without reloading the panorama. Targeting "_background" does nothing on either.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
To Play a sound you must target the sound file.
You can use "main" to stop all sounds as well as use it for master volume.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AncientCityPhoto

In HTML5, the

Mouse Click : Play/Pause Media : Loop 50 : Target "Main"

Does absolutely nothing. It still does not pause or resume the audio.

Also, why do only some of the panoramas play audio, and my others do not on the ipad? But they work fine on a desktop?
AncientCityPhoto

Hopki, just sent you an email, please check it and let me know!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Not received any e-mails?
But as said you must target the sound file's ID and not use main.

Add sound to the media editor and give it an ID of say snd1.
Then in the skin add to a button mouse click, play.pause sound, loop 0 or what ever (0=endless loop) target: snd1.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
AncientCityPhoto

Then will that button only play pause that one sound file? I have 12 panoramas, each with a sound. The button I was hoping would be master on/off sound button. Is there a way to do that?
AncientCityPhoto

Ok, so I used a regular expression to make the Sound button Play/pause all the audio. It works in flash, but not in HTML5...
AncientCityPhoto

Ok, so it seems that the regular expressions won't work. If I just add 12 seperate play/pause commands to the same button, it works perfectly in HTML5 and flash. Not the most convenient...but it works!
AncientCityPhoto

But now I notice the sounds reload each time a panorama loads. Is there a way to just make a master volume so if the sound is "off" then even if the next panorama and sound load you dont hear them unless the click to unmute the sound?
AncientCityPhoto

And in that situation... my button that is clicked changes to a sound off picture incorrectly.

I have a mouse click show element Sound off button
Another mouse click show element Sound On Button

These work with the Pause, and play toggle.

Well if I pause the sound and show a sound off picture...and a new panorama is selected, the sound automatically starts again and then the button image is backwords! Off button is still showing and when you click to toggle the audio, you then turn the sound off again, but the on picture becomes visible.
AncientCityPhoto

And I still get no sound in the ipad!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Without seeing the project I can not advise.
My e-mail is: martin@gardengnome.at
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com