How to use "external Link" to show images in folder?

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
AncientCityPhoto

I have a virtual tour that needs to be moved to a different server, and also be turned into a standalone. There are a lot of pop-up images programmed in. Right now they have been externally triggered from flickr. I need to change this to make the images trigger from a folder.

Can I place all the image into the output folder, or the images folder?
Then, what do I write in the external URL field to trigger my image?

For example:
I just can't seem to get this to work. Can I get it so I don't have to have C:\mydocuments\virtualtour\output\images\test.jpg. Could it be just "\output\images\test.jpg" for example like when web programming?

I need help! I just can't figure out how to make this work.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you are going to show images locally or online I would have them in a folder and called them using the external image loader in the skin.
Of course if you have a Flicker account using hotspots is the best way, but what you are doing now I would do it this way.

To make this work well all images should be the same size then you will only need one external loader.
Or you could have two, one for landscape images and one for portrait images.

You then add actions to show the external loader and set text to set the file path to the image.
On closing the box hide the image loader and set to text with no text so it removes the file path on close.

Just make sure you add the folder with the images in the output folder. Then the path will be something like folder/mypic.jpg

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AncientCityPhoto

Could you give me an example of how "setting the text" would be like. I think I understand that...but not quite.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please see project attached.
The two point hotspots have the path to the pictures. The Hotspot Template (ID: hs) in the skin uses the placeholder $hu to set the text to the external loader to display the pictures as well as show the external loader (ID: picture)

The close button has the action to not only hide the external loader but to remove the text from it, so unloading the image.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
images.zip
(241.62 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
AncientCityPhoto

Ah! So you are using hotspots to call the images into the external loader. I was going about this completely in an opposite direction. This actually simplifies my skin programming a lot! Thank you!