panoramas and alpha channel

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
jehZen

Hello!

Is there any chance to use alpha with panoramas? I have a cockpit panorama and I want that behind the windows I can show backround (also panorama). When I navigate inside cockpit backround view also moves with it but offcourse littlebit slower because of a perspective. To be clear when camera moves foreground moves faster than backround. It gives nice 3d effect to panorama. So is this possible?
Memento Vivere
thomas
Chief Gnome

No, because the panorama is stored as JPEG and this format doesn't support alpha channels.
MfG, Thomas
smooth

thomas wrote:No, because the panorama is stored as JPEG and this format doesn't support alpha channels.
Are you sure? I have software that allows import of .jpg with alpha channel.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jehZen

Thanks for the answer. Is there any possibility that you update that in new releases? PNG uses alpha so is it difficult to store panorama information in that format?
Memento Vivere
thomas
Chief Gnome

Yes there is a special JPEG + alpha format in Flash and it would be possible but it is not an easy or a quick change. Maybe I can add this feature some day but it has no priority at the moment. There are still too many other things missing that I like to implement.
MfG, Thomas