pinned video still with issues?

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Hi All,
I'm back to playing with pinned video. I have it working just fine in my browsers but trying to view it on the ipad I'm getting this. The 16:9 video is displayed with black bands left and right.
If this down to the video format again or a real issue with the html5 displaying?
Files were added in an Android compatible format (as suggested somewhere in the forum) and an .swf as alternate file.

hum@no.id

strange behavior like 4:3
Maybe original video really maked this aspect ratio?
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
RobM

hum@no.id wrote:strange behavior like 4:3
Maybe original video really maked this aspect ratio?
Nope, Like i said, it plays in 16:9 on the PC and mac. I made the video, so I know it's the right ratio. For whatever reason the ipad seems to compress it to 4:3
360Texas

Curious.. what file format(s) are you using?? Are there 2 flavors of video file formats?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

360Texas wrote:Curious.. what file format(s) are you using?? Are there 2 flavors of video file formats?
It was one of the Andriod presets Mp4 that I have in Pavtube and a .SWF as the other. That .webm didn't work at all on the desktop version. Maybe I'll stick that in as a fallback option for ipad use though?
RobM

nope. adding the webm format didn't help either.

Anyone managed to get pinned video to play back properly on the iPad?
RobM

Ok, alongside the unexplained video format compression, unless I'm conviced otherwise, pinned video is utterly unusable on iPad in it's current state.
This is one feature that was ground breaking for me in V4 and Something I still can't offer my own clients.

smooth

Welcome to the ridiculous world of HTML5 :evil:
Where will the goal posts be placed next?

Regards, Smooth 8)
hum@no.id

I have no problems with the display video with overlayer in HTML5.
It seems - is a problem of the iBad...
Attachments
HTML5 Win7 Safari
HTML5 Win7 Safari
proof_html5_win7_safari.png (530.8 KiB) Viewed 16211 times
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
thomas
Chief Gnome

RobM wrote:Hi All,
I'm back to playing with pinned video. I have it working just fine in my browsers but trying to view it on the ipad I'm getting this. The 16:9 video is displayed with black bands left and right.
If this down to the video format again or a real issue with the html5 displaying?
For the iPhone/iPad you need to set the correct video size of the video file in the media editor otherwise you will get those black bars as the iPad tries to make it match.
MfG, Thomas
RobM

thomas wrote:
For the iPhone/iPad you need to set the correct video size of the video file in the media editor otherwise you will get those black bars as the iPad tries to make it match.
I'll check, thanks.
does that explain the floaty boaty video playback though? :)
RobM

thomas wrote:
Thomas,
I just checked. The Video file was already set to 160x90px. That's 16:9 ratio. No?
Works fine on my computers, just not the iOS.
RobM

are there any further comments from the team on the floating video on iOS? what Thomas suggested on the format change didn't seem to make any difference either?
If it's in the pipeline to be fixed, cold we know please? I can then decide whether to use media pinning for clients if they are clear that it won't work on iOS yet.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob,
You seem to be having quite a few problems.
Can you let me see your project.
Perhaps I can help or better understand your issues.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Hopki wrote:Hi Rob,
You seem to be having quite a few problems.
Can you let me see your project.
Perhaps I can help or better understand your issues.
Regards,
Hopki

buzzing it over with WeTransfer, thanks Martin.