Error:Error:NETWOK_ERR:XMLHttpRequest exception 101

Q&A about the latest versions
fraggle

Hello,
everything is in the tittle.
I test a new pano create with the verison 3 on my PC with IE/Firefox, then on my Ipad 2 (safari), then on my iphone 4 (safari), it works.
But my client with its iphone or with its new apple laptop (safari), got this error message!
I got the same error message on chrome!

What should I do?
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (74.01 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
chrome.JPG
chrome.JPG (88.1 KiB) Viewed 9105 times
The link of the panoramo, so it can be tested:
http://www.laurentbesseasdesign.com/Seoul
DennisS

Are you trying to display your panoramas locally or over the web?

I had the exact same issue while trying to display panoramas stored locally on my phone. I fixed it by finding a browser (Opera) that would allow local http requests.
fraggle

Thanks,
No it's on the web, not on local.
Hopki
Gnome

Use Firefox or Safari which will allow local access to xml files.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
fraggle

thanks, but can you be more explicit please? I am just a normal user, not a professional coder.
Is that the kind of answer I must forward to my client when they already use safari without success? Or maybe I should asked them to throught away their iphone!

I'm sorry to be irronic, but the purpose of owning a commercial license is to have a support to make a project that finally works.

Pano2VR is great but if we can't use it in production, then it's useless.
As mentionned in my first post, The panoram have been successfully test on both iphone V2 & V4 & ipad though safari, but failed to work on other iphone and apple laptop device using safari too.

Thanks
360Texas

ok.. well on your pictures above we see the Network ERR for an XMLHttp request

You mentioned:
"but failed to work on other iphone and apple laptop device using safari too
But my client with its iphone or with its new apple laptop (safari), got this error message!
I got the same error message on chrome!"

Sometimes, its the devices browser version that doesnt understand XML so it will fail.

You can probably understand that we do NOT know the model or O/s version or what browser your client is using.

Lack of specific information only points us to guess work.

Website Feedback:
This picture was taken with an Ipad3 Retina... using iOS6 o/s and Safari. We do not get your error.
iPad 3
iPad 3
300w.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 9076 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi fraggle,
Some web browsers will not allow local access to xml files, in this case 1_out.xml.
When this happens you get the same message, however this is not the problem, looking a bit deeper I think you will find the problem is the cache manifest file and the way you have set it up.

The Manifest only contains information for the first node of your tour, 1_out.xml, not for any of the others. please see this link on adding more then one location to the manifest file.

You can either remove the manifest file and upload the project on a server, (best option IMO) or add the other locations, if so you are best advised to add the code that tells you when the cache has been downloaded.

The reason why some web browsers work and others don't is how strict they are with the manifest file. This also includes different versions of the same browser. As said in the tip this should not be used with a general link.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
fraggle

"You can probably understand that we do NOT know the model or O/s version or what browser your client is using.

Lack of specific information only points us to guess work."

Please understand that I don't know it myself and I'am unable and don't want to know it. On this kind of project, I don't handle user right, who will see it, how many people...Such project can be share beetween several people in the same organization or with other people outside the organization.

The point is: what is the process to make it works 100% of the time on anykind of browser that are less than 5 years old!
Are the pro version solving this kind of issues? As most of normal user, I prefer to have a soft that works perfectly instead of having to look after code.

Thanks
fraggle

Hopki wrote:
You can either remove the manifest file and upload the project on a server
I wonder, why pano2vr create a .manifest if it's a source of problem and if such file can be deleted and so, by deduction, not necessary?

Thanks
360Texas

Dave
Visit 360texas.com
fraggle

Thanks,
As per the link, the .manifest is for offline browsing and it is not recommended. Then in this case, why is it included in the default panorama created by pano2vr?

As per my problem, I simply need to erase the .manifest in the server orwhat else?
What about user browser cache? Does it need to be erase?

I deleted the manifest from the server and try again on chrome (the only browser on my computer that reported the problem), but the same error message appear.

Thanks
360Texas

You might be viewing one of your old cached page

try purging your cache in your 'settings tab' Privacy

chrome://settings/search#cache

find button [Clear browsing data] [your cache]

Again just guessing.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi fraggle,
So far DennisS, myself and Dave have been nothing but helpful and have identified the problem for you.
Reading your comments I do feel that you are being unfair criticising the support when in fact Pano2VR is not at fault. By default the Cache Manifest is not selected so you selected this option for whatever reason.

In answer to your question, why is it there, it tells you what its for in the user guide found on the Garden Gnome Software website. Link Off line viewing.

Just look up HTML5 Output settings then Template Parameters, its all there with links to more information and the tip page which decribes in detail how to use it.
Moving forward, I would unselect Cache Manifest in the HTML5 output's HTML tab and output the project with a new html page. Then yes you would probably be best advised to clear the browser cache or change the name of the file.

The process to making a fully compatible project with all devices and all web browsers just does not exist.
It use to at first, you could make a Flash output with fallback to HTML5 for the Apple devices and that would work, then came along Android, good at first as they supported flash but now they have dropped it without being fully HTML5 compatible leaving some devices not being able to display panoramas properly if at all.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
DennisS

***** If this was easy, Pano2VR and this forum would not exist *****

I have to agree 100% with Hopki.

There is no solution that will work on 100% of mobile (and desktop) devices 100% of the time. Each device has its own requirments.

My panoramas display just fine on my PC and iPod Touch and Ipad.

Once I purchased a Galaxy S3, I had to create a special Pano2VR project JUST FOR THIS PHONE in order to get it to work. I also had so many hoops to jump through when setting the phone just to get it to work.

There is NO standard for HTML5. Blaming Pano2VR for not working on all devices 100% of the time is BS.

Since professional pano photography is still pretty much in its infance and there is NO STANDARD, you are REQUIRED to look at the code any software generates in order to tweak it.

I also find your judgement of Pano2VR rather harsh and not needed. Maybe it is a language barrier thing. I just do not know. I do know that the folks here at Garden Gnome have done a *STELLAR* job of providing tools that make producing professional virtual tours easier. Note I did not say easy, just easier.
fraggle

Thanks for your comments,

Hopki, my first post was in response of your short first post support that was not helpfull at all: "Use Firefox or Safari which will allow local access to xml files."!
I did not activated "manifest" and I even don't know to activate it in fact. I use the same template for all project, just changing the panorama source image and title and position and number of hotspot to gain time.
But the soft upgrade alone to v4 and I have to revert to v3 manually, so that may be the problem.
You are professional coder or pro user of pano2vr but I'm just a normal user, using 3 or 4 time a year this soft, like most of your client I guess, for us, pano2vr is a tools to create fast and effective presentation.

Thanks for the support anyway.