Ipad control weirdness with HTML5

Q&A about the latest versions
AncientCityPhoto

I have currently built a large tour for a client and I need to out put as flash, as well as HTML5 for tablets and mobile devices.

This is still not a final version, as there are some weird bugs I haven't sorted out yet, but when I view the HTML5 on an ipad I can only control the tour from the very right hand side of the screen. I cannot rotate from the left or center of the screen. This includes being able to use the menu navigation or click on images.

Secondly, when I do click on image pop ups inside of a panorama, they do not appear all the time. (from an ipad again)

What is going on with this? Here is a temporary link. I hope someone can help me shed some light on this.

http://ancientcityphoto.com/virtualtour ... -tour.html
360Texas

Guess the next questions we would need to ask are:

'what' is your version for:
iPad version iPad, iPad 2 iPad 3 or mini iPad 4 and iOS version iOS 5 or iOs 6.0 or 6.0.1 ? Yes, I read the other day Apple is currently developing iOS 7.0

followed by Smart Phone mfg and model, and O/S software (from Settings |About phone ) like Version "Android ICE 4.0.3" for HTC Evo 4g

It makes a difference how we might answer your questions.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
AncientCityPhoto

Ipad 2 with iOS 5.1
AncientCityPhoto

Also, this doesn't happen when I used to output my tours with the older version of Pano2VR. I just upgraded to Pro4 for this project and I am having this and a selection of other issues I haven't tracked down yet.

Ipad and phones worked great when I was outputting with the prior versions.
360Texas

Is it possible to update Ipad 2 with iOS 5.1 to 6.0.1 ? that might resolve your issues .
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
AncientCityPhoto

http://ancientcityphoto.com/virtualtour ... field.html

That is a link output with the old pano2vr and it works perfect on the mobile devices.

I updated my iPad to version iOS 6 and still nothing. I also tried on the latest iPad 4 and it still did not work with the new output.

I don't understand this. Is there a way to output files in HTML, without html5?? What could be the cause of this?
Judy-A

AncientCityPhoto wrote:What is going on with this? Here is a temporary link. I hope someone can help me shed some light on this.

http://ancientcityphoto.com/virtualtour ... -tour.html
I’m viewing your pano tour on an iPad 4 with IOS 6.0.1, and seeing lots of problems.

Check your skin. Do you have a large container or invisible element covering the center of the skin? That could be blocking interactivity.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/HTM ... Containers

Navigation
Your instruction panel covers the loading bar during loading.
I can only pan by dragging on the right side of the screen.
No drop down menus appear when tapping the red arrows on the upper logos.
Hotspots work only when on the right side of the screen.
Fullscreen button does nothing when you’re using a fullscreen html page.

Map
Hotspots on your map are misplaced. Some are scattered on the black background surrounding the map. Many are unresponsive. I believe this is because you're using a flat image as a tour node.

The map appears to be a flat image with wide black borders. I appears to 3-D transform. Is it a flat image used as a panorama node? I don’t think that works in HTML5.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/view.php?id=251

If used as a node in the tour so that it’s zoomable, make it an equirectangular image with large black background. If the map is not too large, make it a skin image which you hide and show with the map button.

Judy
AncientCityPhoto

The map will be removed in the final html5 version because it is a flat image. Everything aside from that works fine in html5... On a desktop browser. I am only having these issues on the iPad and other mobile devices.

I there a reason it works on the desktop browsers as html5 but not mobile devices?
Judy-A

AncientCityPhoto wrote:I there a reason it works on the desktop browsers as html5 but not mobile devices?
Which desktop browsers and platforms have you tested? On a Mac in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, I see the same problems as I listed for the iPad.

Do you have a large invisible rectangle on the skin that is supposed to become visible and tint the background when images pop up? I’ve found elements hidden inside groups that I had forgotten I had ever used or thought I had long since deleted.

Judy
AncientCityPhoto

Wow that fixed a lot of problems! I had several popup image boxes as my bottom layers. I didn't realize invisible layers would do that. Strange it didn't mess up the windows machines I work on.

Thank you so much! Now to figure out a good size and get these moving smoothly!