Flash 8 Install Statistics

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
sachagriffin

I saw somewhere a stat for about 67%

What is everyone elses knowledge?
The quality versus quicktime and the hassle of having qt or the other plugins makes an argument for flash 8 to be the default player.

Whats the max fullscreen pano size for smooth playback on an average machine?
Sacha Griffin
Southern Digital Solutions LLC
404-551-4275
http://www.seeit360.net
hum@no.id

In any event, this first released full-fledged product for Flash
engine...

'fullhouse' - cylinder, sphere, cubic.

it's work and got mass demand...

--------------

When appear the first cars... too spoke: 'the horse better' :lol:
thomas
Chief Gnome

I just looked at the WWP site (with arround 10.000 visits a day) and more than 90% already have Flash 8 or higher. Maybe someone can look up Google Analytics for a not so pano/multimedia centric site but I guess the stats would be almost the same.

Also the speed is still acceptable on older machines (because it works like Quicktime, no 3d graphics card needed). I tested the player in fullscreen (1024x768) on a 5 year laptop and the speed was only about 10-20% lower than with QuickTime (about 3-4 fps...)
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Our view is that Flash panoramas are the technological wave of the future. And pano2qtvr FlashPack... is riding the HIGH WAVE !!!

Only one wish.. make your Flash rotation rendering higher than 30 frames per second for a truely smooth [= to QTVR or better] at full WIDE SCREEN HDTV 16:9 screen resolution.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
marktold

I found that % number are always tricky.

Like if you would take an survay of how many people have QT installed on a site like WWP you will have as much as 99%

Or ask a mac related site you will have also 99%

Go to a website http://www.lookingforaretirementhomeforwin95users.com and you will have lower numbers.

Here are some figurer form google analytics of a site that is not QTVR related: 8000 users:

8.0 3,366 39.08%

9.0 1,292 15.00%

8.0 r24 993 11.53%

8.0 r22 869 10.09%

9.0 r16 702 8.15%

7.0 347 4.03%

(no data) 335 3.89%

6.0 241 2.80%

7.0 r19 139 1.61%

8.0 r24 65 0.75%

Hope this helps to add to the confusion

Markus
https://www.marktold.com
Design & Photography
we make you look good!
jaguar

Hello,
please can you help about my need to add a flashing arrow in the same place of the hotspot?
At the moment I created a flashing arrow in file.gif.
My question is : How I can add it into the pano2qtvr and to see it flashing?
Please answer me
Many thanks for your help.
Regards
thomas
Chief Gnome

Do you want to use the arrow in QuickTime or in Flash?
MfG, Thomas
jaguar

thomas wrote:Do you want to use the arrow in QuickTime or in Flash?
I want to use flashing arrow in Quicktime
thomas
Chief Gnome

jaguar wrote:I want to use flashing arrow in Quicktime
I think this is not possible. I tried to do this but I always failed in one or the other way, but you can play around with the "play + loop" setting for the audio file. This should also start the animation for the GIF file.
MfG, Thomas
jaguar

thomas wrote:
jaguar wrote:I want to use flashing arrow in Quicktime
I think this is not possible. I tried to do this but I always failed in one or the other way, but you can play around with the "play + loop" setting for the audio file. This should also start the animation for the GIF file.
So do you think it's possible to add a flashing arrow using audio file. I will try, but , please tell me as I can do to place the arrow in the same place of the hotspot?.
I tried to open the file.gif with Adobe ImageReady CS2 and the file gif goes well, but I dont know as I can add this file on the same place yellow of the hotspot into the file PNG.
thomas
Chief Gnome

So do you think it's possible to add a flashing arrow using audio file. I will try, but , please tell me as I can do to place the arrow in the same place of the hotspot?.
I tried to open the file.gif with Adobe ImageReady CS2 and the file gif goes well, but I dont know as I can add this file on the same place yellow of the hotspot into the file PNG.
The "play" from the audio file section should be enough to start the animation. No actual audiofile is needed. Currently you can not move the arrow with the hotspot, you can only show it on a static place. You need LiveStage pro to do this.
MfG, Thomas
jaguar

thomas wrote:
The "play" from the audio file section should be enough to start the animation. No actual audiofile is needed. Currently you can not move the arrow with the hotspot, you can only show it on a static place. You need LiveStage pro to do this.
Ok I will try with LiveStage pro.
Thank you at the moment for your kind suggestion.
jaguar

jaguar wrote:
thomas wrote:
I thought many times to this solution.
I explain better my difficulties.
I don't want to move the arrow into the hotspot, only I want to place a static arrow but it must flashing (switch on and switch out)