Jelly Bean 4.2 Photo Sphere

Q&A about the latest versions
DDiCarlo

Hello all,

I am fascinated by what I've found here with Pano2vr. I can remember the first 360 degree immersive photo tour I saw, ever since, I have been trying to recreate it for my wife who is a real estate broker and I've had no success. I've tried several stitching programs, I've tried Pixeet, I've tried pano apps, I've got fisheye lenses and monopods but nothing seems to get close to the really well done images. Actually, most seem to try and stitch my door into the ceiling - LOL. I probably have the wrong equipment and my lack of a photography background is probably doing me no favors, but all I want to do is to learn how to create some panoramic images so that I can start trying to become proficient at using Pano2vr. When they are done right, they are really useful and beautiful and I can tell there is truly an art in doing them correctly. What I really need help with is the first step, after that, this forum seems to contain a wealth of useful information to becoming proficient creating the actual front end viewer and tours. I have a couple of questions if anyone has a few minutes to help.

1. Will Jelly Bean 4.2's latest creation, photosphere images, which looks to work right out of the gate, be something that I can use in Pano2vr? If so, I might either risk bricking my phone (galaxy nexus) to root and load the new Roms in order to reliably get images that can be fed into pano2vr.
2. If not, where can I learn about the equipment and all of the techniques used to create beautiful 360 degree panoramic images so that I can then learn to create a beautiful presentation for them with pano2VR?

I have watched all of the tutorials and I am eager to start - can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Dean
smooth

You have options to learn:

I teach all aspects of panorama making for buying equipment, shooting, processing and tour creation. All "one on one" live via Skype or ICQ at a fixed hourly rate.
We work on the exact same images and we go step by step until you have happy with a work flow that yields results you expect.

Second to that and much cheaper is www.panoguide.com and it's forum.
Where I happily contribute.

Regards, Smooth 8)
DDiCarlo

Thanks Smooth! Do you have a site that discusses your rates, how long it takes to get up to speed, etc.?

What about Jelly Bean Photo Sphere? Do you know what image types that would produce and if it would be something that would integrate with Pano2VR?

Thanks!
Dean
smooth

Regarding contact. You should use the Private Message option to contact me.

As far as I can see Photo Sphere is designed to be used as a gimmick when combining Nexus Tablet Camera and simple cropped panoramic scenes shot with this device.
I could be wrong on this as Jelly Bean 4.2 is quite new and requires access to a Nexus tablet which I don't possess.

Regards, Smooth 8)