Pano2VR 4.0 beta 3 bug reporting

Q&A about the latest versions
jobes

Issue: HTML from v4b3 not working correctly, failing to trigger content
I hit a problem last night where projects built using beta2 wouldn't output correctly from beta3. On running the HTML file from output, the browser screen just displays the message
This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.
I tried various outputs, file paths and names but to no avail; also tested it with Flash turned on and off in serval browsers, and using the integrated server. All to no avail. Ended up reverting back to beta2 (glad I saved all previous installers on my computer,so could do this) and the project outputted and worked perfectly once more…

Admittedly it wasn't a 'vanilla' project - it's dual HTML5 & Flash with quite a bit of interactivity, and uses custom Javascript triggers in the HTML template. However it's an odd occurrence and I'd advise double-checking in case you experience something else with a live, legacy job…

Can supply files privately to the developers if they'd like to try and reproduce this issue… thanks
Bostjan

I can confirm that there are some bugs. I have downgraded back and waiting.
jobes

Problem solved thanks to Thomas… there was an issue with a character in a hotspot title which caused it to fail. Now resolved :)
Bostjan

Can you share news please? What characters are (now) forbidden? I have just reprocessed project made with Pano2VR 3.x, with new Pano2VR 4 beta 3. The hotpot call 02_KamniskaBistrica_Kolicevo.swf , and such name and characters worked for years, now it didn't.... or is something else?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Bostjan wrote:Can you share news please? What characters are (now) forbidden? I have just reprocessed project made with Pano2VR 3.x, with new Pano2VR 4 beta 3. The hotpot call 02_KamniskaBistrica_Kolicevo.swf , and such name and characters worked for years, now it didn't.... or is something else?
Hello Bostjan,

no characters are forbidden, the current beta3 has a hick up with single quotes ' in hotspot texts. This will be fixed in the next version. Can you please send me your project (as PM) so that I can have a look?
MfG, Thomas