Pano2VR Pro beta

Q&A about the latest versions
jmcilvaine

Thanks Carel...and beautiful work on your website! I am just getting into this and I am amazed at some of the work you photographers do!
Tong

hotspot not works with link like

index.php?action=something

line brakes with "?"
Nyorai

thomas wrote:
Vestland wrote:
Tong wrote:choose from list ;-)

but i mean link in url in browser to specific panorama, with one swf for all tour it`s not possible i think
Thank you, Tong, but if you are right, that is a major disappointment. Many tour owners would like to give a customer the url to a specific picture in the tour, not just to the starting picture and then leave the customer to find the picture he should see. Is there a solution in the works for this?
You can already do this, but for the moment it need some tinkering in the HTML page. See Issue #536. For Flash you need to add a flash variable with the start node:

Code: Select all

flashvars.startnode='node3';
or in HTML5 you need to set the start node before you load the XML

pano.startNode='node3';
If you link within Pano2VR to a tour swf/xml you can set a forth parameter (after pan/tilt/fov) with a specific start node, so for example:
url: nexttour.swf target:0/0/70/node3
We will make a more detailed documentation page for this, but I hope this information helps to get you started.
Thomas, I've been looking at this and there are some problems with this implementation, the main one being that in large tours it is difficult to track the node number, especially if you reorder the tour browser, as there is no way in Pano2VR to see what the node number is. What would be better would be some way to assign a unique name to each panorama when you add it to the tour.
Tong

just add number to panorama file before adding to tour
01_panorama title.jpg
02_panorama tile.jpg
))
and add panoramas by numbers

also rearange in tour browser does not change node number in list.
Judy-A

Nyorai wrote:Thomas, I've been looking at this and there are some problems with this implementation, the main one being that in large tours it is difficult to track the node number, especially if you reorder the tour browser, as there is no way in Pano2VR to see what the node number is. What would be better would be some way to assign a unique name to each panorama when you add it to the tour.
+1

I agree that tracking the node number is currently very difficult. I often find that I want to rearrange the order of panos, or remove one, or add one in the middle somewhere. I have resorted to dragging a thumbnail to a skin, just get it display the node number.

Tong’s suggestion to add a number to the panorama image is a workaround at best. You still end up with a jumble of non-consecutive numbers if you rearrange the tour.

Judy Arndt
Tong

if you don`t remove panoramas from tour it does not matter how you rearange panoramas in tour window, check it. number will be the same.
Nyorai

Tong wrote:just add number to panorama file before adding to tour
01_panorama title.jpg
02_panorama tile.jpg
))
and add panoramas by numbers

also rearange in tour browser does not change node number in list.
Rearranging doesn't change the number but it becomes hard to manage when they are not in numerical order. Also, prefixing with a number is fine as long as they get added in numerical order. It is just too much to manage on a large tour. I've been working on a tour with over 20 locations, it would be much easier to manage to refer to the locations by name.
Judy-A

Tong wrote:if you don`t remove panoramas from tour it does not matter how you rearange panoramas in tour window, check it. number will be the same.
Well, getting node numbers out of order complicates navigation aids like using Previous and Next buttons on your skin.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... 50&p=29434

It also complicates getting lists of markertemplate-generated links in skin menus in their proper order.

Judy
Tong

Rearranging doesn't change the number but it becomes hard to manage when they are not in numerical order. Also, prefixing with a number is fine as long as they get added in numerical order. It is just too much to manage on a large tour. I've been working on a tour with over 20 locations, it would be much easier to manage to refer to the locations by name.
i just finished with 40 ;-)

+1 to all wishes :D
Carel

Revisiting the issue of entering the tour with a specific node:
You can already do this, but for the moment it need some tinkering in the HTML page. See Issue #536. For Flash you need to add a flash variable with the start node:
I have tried this, and I do go to the intended node, but the skin does not show. Probably has to do with not placing the flashvars in the right spot...? I tried inserting the flashvars into various spots in the html page in the section that deals with flash between if end else, like below, see last line before } else:

<script type="text/javascript">
		if (swfobject.hasFlashPlayerVersion("9.0.0")) {
			var flashvars = {};
			var params = {};
			params.quality = "high";
			params.bgcolor = "#000000";
			params.allowscriptaccess = "sameDomain";
			params.allowfullscreen = "true";
			var attributes = {};
			attributes.id = "pano";
			attributes.name = "pano";
			attributes.align = "middle";
			swfobject.embedSWF(
				"universal_backlot.swf", "container", 
				"100%", "100%",
				"9.0.0", "expressInstall.swf", 
				flashvars, params, attributes);

} else 
Suggestions on how to have the skin show very much appreciated :D

Carel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,
Beta 3 address this problem so I would not spend too much time on getting it to work if you can wait a week or so.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tong

works for me
startnode topper then var attributes

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
			var flashvars = {};
			var params = {};
			params.quality = "high";
			params.bgcolor = "#ffffff";
			params.allowscriptaccess = "sameDomain";
			params.allowfullscreen = "true";
			params.base=".";
			var attributes = {};
			attributes.id = "pano";
			attributes.name = "pano";
			attributes.align = "middle";
			swfobject.embedSWF(
				"http://sitename.com/tours/city/buddist_hram_vhod_0052.swf", "flashContent", 
				"100%", "100%", 
				"9.0.0", "expressInstall.swf", 
				flashvars, params, attributes);
//-->
		</script>
Carel

Tong, I tried placing the line where you have it, but skin is still not showing. Probably because of the way I have constructed the skin.

Hopki, I am curious what kind of solution there will be in the 3rd beta. I am still not clear on how one would be able to send someone a link that would open a specific pano in a tour. Lets say you have a vr tour of a real estate development with many living units. A visitor to that vr tour should be able to generate a link to a specific unit for texting or emailing.

Carel
Tong

REQUEST:

update of project files path, when project open on another computer, what i mean, right now path is absolute , ok but can it be some dialog window with question, where to search for "lost" panoramas.