FF V11 on PC, client reporting 'mirroring' of the html5 vets

Q&A about the latest versions
panovrlover

Bit of a strange on, but a client (in fact their web developers) have noticed a rather strange problem with the HTML5 version of his tour when viewed using version 11 FF on a PC. The pano images are all their, but in mirrored. So a desk for example that was by the right side of the door, is now left side of the door, as if you're viewing the pano using a mirror.

The PNG elements of the skin are all correct and in their right place, just the pano image itself that is mirrored.

Anyone else experienced this before? I've tested using FF on MAC OS and it all looks fine...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Do you have a link?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
panovrlover

Hi Hopki,

Yes, here is the link directly to the HTML5 version on their site.

http://bit.ly/I5nokj
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Tested with Windows 7 and FF 11, looks ok to me?

Anyone else want to chip in with their findings?

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
panovrlover

Thanks Hopki, I don't understand myself what would cause this, I suspect it is something unique about his system setup maybe, bizarre.

He sent me a screenshot, so I know it's happening to him, but I think he may be a one off.

Thanks for checking.
MarkS

Hi. ... me the same. A customer told me, a panoramic picture was shown mirrored in his browser. But just on his machine/browser. - Strange ...
Hopki
Gnome

Looking into this a bit more,
This could be caused by a browser bug and graphics card/driver combination. I say browser bug as no other browsers seem to have this problem.
You could try and load newer/older drivers to see if that cures the problem, but my guess is at some point Firefox will get fixed and it will go away, fingers crossed.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
jniemela

My client reported similar problems with few different setups. Link to my virtual tour>>
I have the opportunity to examine one of the problem machines in more detail. The machine is equipped with Windows 7 & Firefox browser. All updates are installed. Whether any tips on what I should try?
It would be very important to find a clear reason for this problem.
jniemela

I tried all my HTML5 panos with my 6 year old Toshiba PC laptop and everyone is mirroring. The laptop is running Windows XP and Firefox browser with all updates installed. I have tried everything but the problem persists. Please, let me know if there is a solution for this. My customer is going grazy.
Terry

Just tried it on Windows 7 and FF ver14.0.1 and its mirrored.

Terry
smooth

With Firefox 15.0.2 all links appear to display fine.

Just how Firefox is now at version 15 is incredible, it will be at version 30 before the end of the year!

Ah, the joys of HTML5 :evil: isn't just wonderful?

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Current FF version ?
We are on 32bit PC Vista. I just updated FF from 15.0 to 15.0.1.

Rechecked UPdates 15.0.02. FF said I was up to date at 15.0.1.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
bc99

Hi

mirroring 32bit XP FF 15.0.1 too
Attachments
sep2304539.JPG
sep2304539.JPG (310.8 KiB) Viewed 9405 times
Terry

I have just upgraded to FF 15.0.1 (64bit Window 7) it is now correct! NO mirroring. Will check later on my 32 bit machine.

Terry
Velociped

I have the same problem with Firefox 16.0.2 on a MacBook (OS 10.5.8 ) and a Windows 7 Laptop! HTML5 panoramas are mirrored and the cube edges are clearly visible if you pan up or down. The desk should be straight in this screenshot!

Besides every movement is dead slow even with 100% CPU-load! :?