Pano2VR beta 4 bugreport

Q&A about the latest versions
jobes

Hi Hopki.Thanks, I understand better why it works that way now. It's partly having to change an almost reflex behaviour on my part… I may have to 'relearn' the way to do things, but I'm not complaining if it makes life easier in the long run, which I understand the tour browser is going to do. That's all good…

This time I was updating a 'quick' hi res equirec output from PTGui with one using Smartblend and a higher quality interpolation setting (something I do regularly).

At other times I may use an original file almost as a template for a series of different panos in the same project, changing only any user data which I might need to alter, which can save copy/pasting between fields
Hopki
Gnome

As a thought,
You can open and save an empty project with outputs, set your Flash with all the multi-res levels and the HTML5 output with all the different mobile settings and even set the code for Flash Fallback, example: "output/$n_out.swf". Set the skin in each of the outputs and your ready to go.

With a new project copy the p2vr file in the folder with the input images and rename it for your project. Open the p2vr and drop all your input images in, set user data and hotspots then click "Create All"

This saves setting the outputs every time.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jobes

Thanks Hopki, that's a good point. I already have a very customised default template set up, but hadn't considered using an empty project for specific jobs. Very useful, cheers
jobes

I'm working with a reasonably complex/asset-heavy skin (about 4Mb) with a single node, and the skin editor is becoming *very* unresponsive using 4b2 (Mac OS X 10.7.x, i7, 8Gb RAM, no other major apps open) We're talking 3-6 seconds between clicking an item and the appropriate dialogue box appearing… now I have to change a lot of items, the enforced pauses and delays are *really* slowing me down. Very frustrating…

Anyone else experienced this… and have any tips on how to speed performance up? I'm sure when I've worked with other custom skins with lots of graphics in v3.x without the same issues before. Happy to send the skin across to a moderator if that helps. Thanks in advance…

(Edit: I'm using a workaround which is speeding things up… copy/pasting a container which is the parent of lots of other items into a new skin. It's not pretty, but as I'm only working on a subset of skin items, it's a lot faster. Am wondering whether it's one thing in particular in my skin, or the collective weight of all items, which is making this buckle and slow down so much)
Carel

Pano2VR Pro beta, Windows 7, 64 bit

This is a rather big issue for me and I hope it is user error and not a bug:
I have a large tour with 45 panos and need to break it up in sub-tours. When I link from one tour to the next, I only see the first pano of the next tour and cannot continue on to the others from that tour. It works when I link via html instead of to the swf of the other tour, but then I loose my fullscreen....

Carel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,
Why not make in one project file?
Is there a reason you can not?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Carel

A flash file with 5 panos is 15MB. If I combined all 40 panos in one flash file, it would be over 100MB. That may be OK for Europe or Asia, but here in the US 5mb/s is considered fast and most people's wifi is a lot slower than that :-(

So there is not way to link from one flash file to another in fullscreen? It used to work with flash files that hold single panos.

Another bug: When saving a new default for fov, min and max zoom, this only is retained for the first pano in the tour. The other panos have the defaults of fov 70, min 5 and max 120, that were the "factory" defaults.

Another bug report coming up in a separate post.

Carel
Carel

This is a big one and I have no idea what to do about it: 5 hours ago, Pano2vr Pro started screwing up the flash versions of the vr tours. I now get the last pano in a series as the opening pano and all hot spots are in the wrong places AND all link to the last pano (so it just reloads)
The html5 version of the same tour works correctly, in the right order and with all the hotspots in the right place. I uninstalled the program and after having restarted the PC (W7, 64 bit), I made a new tour. Again - last node first and hotspots all in the wrong place, all linking to the last node. I then took the p2vr file and the tifs to my mac and re-rendered the flash file. Same result. I then redid the project in a new folder on the mac, giving the tifs a different name and now it worked correctly. I cannot get P2vr pro to work correctly on my PC anymore. The Mac is old and way too slow to do any useful work on. So I am stuck - and with a deadline :-(
Project file included. Not sure if I should also include images..?
OK, I think I found it: When the flash version is rendered in multires, the swf only contains the last pano in the series. This happens both on a PC and on a Mac. So is it impossible at the moment to make a project with multires Flash..?

Carel
Attachments
jaws1.p2vr
(14.28 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carel,
When using Multi-Res use the second naming convention so a separate tiles folder is made for each panorama.
Otherwise the tiles are over written.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Carel

That was it. The name needs to include a $n. I also noticed that the swf is a lot smaller when set to multirez. So now I understand your question better "why not make it all one project file?". 40 panos with multirez would produce one swf of about 12MB. That is doable.

Thanks!

Carel
Tong

Extarnalize images from swf
i have tour with 43 panos and all images in folder, swf 150 kb