Pano2VR beta 4 bugreport

Q&A about the latest versions
HansNyberg

The patch output does no longer save the patch in the original equirectangular file folder. I had to use search to find it and discovered that they save in my application folder.
I can not find any preferences to change this. If I try to use the Open function and navigate to somewhere else it is greyed out and I can not save it.
This is the Mac version.

Hans
Tong

i already report it on previous page ;-)

small question: autoplacement of hotspots depends of north direction of each panorama?
thomas
Chief Gnome

Tong wrote:i counted, after 15 geo points - blank page
I found the bug. It is not the number of nodes, the " signs in the title that confused the map. This will be fixed in beta2. For the moment you can remove the " or use other quote symbols like 2x ' and it should work fine.
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

HansNyberg wrote:The patch output does no longer save the patch in the original equirectangular file folder. I had to use search to find it and discovered that they save in my application folder.
I can not find any preferences to change this. If I try to use the Open function and navigate to somewhere else it is greyed out and I can not save it.
This is the Mac version.
Ohh.... that is not good. I will fix this. See Issue #547.
Btw: you can right click the file name label and you will have the option to "Show in Finder" the file. This makes it easy to spot them if they got lost.
MfG, Thomas
Tong

GEO Google Map not showing images when switch to Satelite view type
Tong

html shows text incorrect

when open directly swf all text looks fine

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you provide a link to the HTML5 output as this is very odd.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Tong

i don`t have one :( it`s only flash project
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
OK a bug Issue #549
If you don't externalise the panorama images this will then work ok.
For a workaround you can use Multi-Resaloution, just set one level.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Tong

in tour when you change start panorama to new one
only html file name changes, swf name will be of old one start node.

some sorting
up
down
by a-z
needs in tour list i think, so people can move nodes in list.
jobes

A bug I've noticed in 4b2 on Mac. It seems to be reproducible with multiple files.

When I open a .p2vr file originally created in v3.x, if I try to convert the input from an equirectangular to cube faces, the save location defaults to the Applications folder. If I point to a new location, such as that where the original .p2vr file lies, the conversion fails to save the files, and I get an error message.

I tend to strip off the suffix _cube from the filename (so my output $n doesn't inherit this when I export later) - I'm not sure if this contributes to the bug. I have to check the name & extension and then convert again… the second time it does work and the cube faces successfully save. Not sure if this is related to Issue #547 as stated above.

And Hans Nyberg made a good point elsewhere… the default for the convert menu is 'vertical strip'… it'd be great to be able to change this. I know my default preference would be for cube faces, and I'm pretty sure that'd be a common choice for most users :)
jobes

Another one… this chimes with something I previously emailed about in 3.x. In Mac OS X, if one invokes the 'hide others' command when in another program and have a secondary window open in P2VR (such as convert / hotspot editor invoked from skin dialogue etc) i

The main app UI doesn't respond (because although that floating secondary window cannot be seen, it's active and so needs to be closed or cancelled before one can access anything else) I usually know to either hit 'escape' or 'enter' but it's a frustrating workaround, and one has the ability to either lose or have to interrupt the middle of a process (eg setting up actions inside the skin editor). This has been my experience in OS 10.6.x & 10.7.x, and in Pano2VR 3.x & again in 4b2.

Here's an example when I've gone from P2VR to Photoshop, and used 'hide others'… when I come back the top floating window for Convert is missing (though you can see a hint of it from the OS GUI dropshadow showing where it pops out, drawer-like, from the top.
Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 23.07.18.png
Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 23.07.18.png (176.87 KiB) Viewed 11191 times
However if I do a targetted window screengrab (Command Shift 4 + marquee) then oddly the capture *does* show the floating, proving it is still there, but not visible to the eye. Very odd.
WIth targetted window screengrab
WIth targetted window screengrab
Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 23.07.07.png (174.91 KiB) Viewed 11191 times
Hopki
Gnome

jobes wrote:A bug I've noticed in 4b2 on Mac. It seems to be reproducible with multiple files.

When I open a .p2vr file originally created in v3.x, if I try to convert the input from an equirectangular to cube faces, the save location defaults to the Applications folder. If I point to a new location, such as that where the original .p2vr file lies, the conversion fails to save the files, and I get an error message.

I tend to strip off the suffix _cube from the filename (so my output $n doesn't inherit this when I export later) - I'm not sure if this contributes to the bug. I have to check the name & extension and then convert again… the second time it does work and the cube faces successfully save. Not sure if this is related to Issue #547 as stated above.

And Hans Nyberg made a good point elsewhere… the default for the convert menu is 'vertical strip'… it'd be great to be able to change this. I know my default preference would be for cube faces, and I'm pretty sure that'd be a common choice for most users :)
Regarding the above please see: Issue #554 and Issue #555
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
jobes

Thanks Hopki.Not sure if this next one is a bug or a feature ;-) but it's changing the way I've previously worked.

Open an existing P2VR file, and drag and drop a new equirec to replace an old one in the 'input' window. By default in v4b2 this creates a new node in the tour browser - to directly replace the image I have to go to 'select output' and select the image. This confused the hell out of me when I had the tour browser closed… outputs took ages and weren't what I expected.

It's a bit counter intuitive… perhaps you could change it so a new node is only created if an image is dropped into the tour browser area, not input? Thanks…
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jobes,
I hear what you are saying but version 4 Pro is a different beast.

When you drop a pano in the input section it will add to the Tour Browser, I think people are used to this behaviour. I also understand with version 3 and 4 you drop a new image in to change it, but as said the Pro version is a new beast that works differently.

Perhaps it shouldn't, but if you have the Tour Browser hidden and want to make a tour you can just drag and drop each node in the input section, to me this is logical.
I will copy the link to this post to Thomas as I have a strong feeling this is one of those damed if we do and damed if we don't situations.

Can I ask why you change the panorama?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com