A new HTML5 fullscreen code

Q&A about the latest versions
Steini

Has anyone viewed the new HTML5 fullscreen function that allows you to enlargements of almost any HTML element to go fullscreen and in fact is also possible to set the fullscreen with special code in the iframe link

I'm not the best coder in the world so it's a little over the top for me to understand but this is so important for all of us and this would be awesome figure to have this work out of the box of Pano2VR :D

I saw this in one of the Apple Developers videos under Session 604 - Advanced Effects with HTML5 Media Technologies. The fullscreen session starts at 17 min and 40 sec, but I think you will need to have Developer id with Apple.

Try also to search on iTunes U for WWDC 2012

Can anyone look in to this and share the code for us that are not hardcore web programers, and if possible look in to the ifame fullscreen function as well.

Here are some topics about the new fullscreen webkit
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-f ... rview.html
Here is example and code that you can start with, but this will not work with panoramas as we need to interact with them, so clinking the panorama will not work I think but have not tried
http://blogs.sitepointstatic.com/exampl ... index.html

- Steini
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Steini,
HTML5 proper fall sceen will be one of the many new features of Pano2VR V4.0.
Will need to look into braking out of an iFrame but I think it should be possible if the iFrame code has the correct parameters.
Before you ask in a few weeks/months but hope not too long now until V4.0.
Regards,
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Steini

Hi Martin!

WOW! Thats awesome news.

Hope to see add CSS control of hotspots with some of the cool webkit effects

Will there be a beta out soon? :D 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
We showed a preview at the IVRPA conference in New York earlier this month, and will be showing it again at the Pano Tools meeting in September.
Talking with Thomas he is looking to have a beta out by the end July depending on there not being to many problems.

For those that know me you will know I don't chest beat about how good our software is, my job is to help people use our products and get the best out of them.
However I am very excited about this release and be leave this will blow socks off big time 8)
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Bigjimmy

Hi Hopki,

OMG Pano2VR V4.0... cannot wait for this :D

James
Steini

Has anyone be able to figure out the code to make iframe to fullscreen?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Will will look into this as this is something I was hoping for, this means you can then use iFrames to embed Flash and HTML5 content in all web pages. Please see Issue #524
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can already do this by adding allowfullscreen="true" to the iframe attributes. For the moment you also need to add the browser prefixes to do this trick:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="pano.html" width="800px" height="600px" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
See the pages at Mozilla and W3C,
MfG, Thomas
HansNyberg

thomas wrote:You can already do this by adding allowfullscreen="true" to the iframe attributes. For the moment you also need to add the browser prefixes to do this trick:

Code: Select all

<iframe src="pano.html" width="800px" height="600px" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>
See the pages at Mozilla and W3C,

Yes that works for desktop browsers but not for iPad.

Hans
ScottWitte

Any progress on this?

Or acknowledgement that it is a problem on mobile devices with plans to fix?

CAN it be fixed?
thomas
Chief Gnome

ScottWitte wrote:Any progress on this?
Or acknowledgement that it is a problem on mobile devices with plans to fix?
CAN it be fixed?
The iPad/iPhone doesn't support the new fullscreen API so for the moment it doesn't work. As soon as it is supported it should work as it does on the desktop.
MfG, Thomas
ScottWitte

thomas wrote:The iPad/iPhone doesn't support the new fullscreen API so for the moment it doesn't work.
Thanks. That saves a lot of time, both Googling and testing.

So, for the moment the best solution would be to pop up a new full screen window filled with the pano, I assume.
Wim.Koornneef

ScottWitte wrote:....So, for the moment the best solution would be to pop up a new full screen window filled with the pano, I assume.
If you really want to show panos full screen on iPad right know a workaround is using the (payed) iCab Mobile browser for iOS.
Besides tons of useful other options with this browser it is possible to get rid of all browser bars, in this aspect it is even better then the Safari mobile browser of iOS6 for iPhone as you can set the visibility of the fullscreen buttons.

Of course this only works if iCab Mobile browser is installed so lets hope that soon iOS will support the new fullscreen API.
Its a pity that billions of people with older devices, like iPad v1, that are not upgradable higher then iOS 5.1.1, will not have any benefit of the new fullscreen API . . .

Wim
Hopki
Gnome

HI,
You can make a simple iBook Widget and use iBook Author which is all free, this is edge to edge with just a little close button top right.
As a thought.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
soulbrother

Hopki wrote:HI,
You can make a simple iBook Widget and use iBook Author which is all free, this is edge to edge with just a little close button top right.
As a thought.
Regards,
Hopki
is there any helpful tutorial or documentation, of how to do that ( for people who has to start from the very beginning of ibook stuff)
furthermore: is that possible to do with windows pc?