Using unique hotspot data to trigger an action?

Q&A about the latest versions
jobes

Hi. First, sorry if this is a duplicate post… I've tried searching the forums for an answer but not found anything which matches.

Is there a way of using data from individual hotspots, or changing some kind of variable once a hotspot has been clicked?

I'd like to create a function which displays a unique item once every hotspot has been clicked. There are several potential applications for this, but I'm thinking primarily of a treasure hunt-style feature. Click all the items, get to view an item. So if the user clicks hs1, hs2, hs3 etc they they'll 'unlock' a prize.

I'd like to do it entirely within the skin editor so it works equally for Flash and HTML5… I've seen Flash-only solutions but they were built with some custom Flash & using the API.

I thought perhaps if I could start the pano with a variable, which would get added to every time a point hotspot is clicked. This 'counter' could then trigger the display of a new item once a threshold is reached.

Thanks in advance for your help and insight… :)
jobes

Interested to see if anyone's got any solutions (or workarounds) for this? Thanks in advance
JNorris

Hi Jobes,

Im also interested in doing something similar and stumbled upon this thread. I might have a solution depending on the navigational setup of your tour. Is the tour you're doing a sort of free roam from scene A to scene C to scene F, etc. Or is it Scene A--->Scene B---->Scene C, etc...?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I was looking into this, but the problem is you can not wright out information.
What you can do is several copies of the same panorama with different hotspots, the wrong one will reload the starting panorama.
Its not a good solution as you will see the reload.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
jobes

Hi JNorris, I hadn't even considered it being a multi-node tour at this stage, although that's a logical step on… but just for a single scene. It was more that if I looked around a fairground panorama, for example, then I could click on ten items on the stands, and 'win' something… whether it's an action or an unlock code.

Thanks Hopki, I considered that too but for the idea I have in mind it's probably not feasible as there would be too many alternative iterations of the panorama, with different hotspots. So you say it can't write out; does that mean there's no way for P2VR to export or externalise any data in realtime… like by writing to an XML file or a javascript? Is this a limitation in outputting to HTML5/CSS3 rather than Flash, or is it more about the way P2VR works?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
visit http://support.ggno.me/logic

There are five point hotspots that when clicked in the correct order will change the colour of the rectangle in the middle.
As a tip if you don't get it in the first 4 clicks then you won't.
Hit the red button to reset.

Lets see who gets it first :wink:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EDIT Now Flash with HTML5 Fallback so play on your iPhone or iPad too.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
jobes

Very smart work Hopki, thanks for this.

Quite a few different permutations to try. I know, I've been clicking away and haven't managed to find the magic combination yet! Rinse and repeat :D
MFrye

Hopki,

I'm really interested in this capability as well. I haven't been able to figure out the logic for the example you provided. How is it done? Can it be used in HTML5?
Hopki
Gnome

Out of interest anyone found the combination yet?
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com