Help for beginner

Q&A about the latest versions
Kidson

I am an individual just starting to learn this program on an Apple Mac

I have taken a Panoramic image and created a flash video which has the name Casa Hamara Panoromic_out.swf.

This open on my computer as follows: http://127.0.0.1:59179/ElPLn_Nr/Casa%20 ... mic_2.html

Sending the above 'address' information will not open on anyone elses computer - sorry for my ignorance but what do I need to do to send a link that will open my output on another computer?

Thanks for any help offered.
kris

most of the browsers don't support playing local files. if its only for demo use SWF format, Download flash player 11.3 projector (MAC version).http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Now Place all your SWF files in a folder, no HTML pages just the SWF.
Open the first SWF of your tour with the Projector player, then click File => Create Projector.
Depending if you have a PC or Mac you will have an exe or app. Open this to show the tour.

Also you can check this tutorial. http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pac ... mory_Stick
Kidson

Hi Kris,

I downloaded flash player 11.3 prjector for the Mac - the resultant Icon simply says "Flasf Player"

I than placed ALL being just two the flash swf i.e Casa Hamara Panaromic_out.swf and swfobject.js

Opened flash 11.3 and clicked on the Casa Hamara Panaromic_out.swf which then played as normal - however the Create Projector was grayed out.

Sorry to be dumb but what am I doing wrong?

Should I discard everything and start from scratch again?
Kidson

I should explain I only have ONE swf flash file - not a number as shown on the Tutorial you referred me to.
Tong

Kidson install dropbox, and place your swf in it folder
then use dropbox to get link to file
Kidson

Thanks Tong - that certainly works - however link requires file to be downloaded rather than just playing straight away
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you have a SWF with no projector player installed, just open a web browser and drag and drop the SWF in the browser.
This then should play.
You can use the built in web server only if all computers are connected to the same network and local host id unselected. Of course Pano2VR has to be open and the server running as well.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Kidson

Hi Hopki,

I have no proble playing on my own computer - the trouble I have is if I wanted you - as an example - to see the flash move.

I do have the latest flash version installed i.e the Mac projector but when I play me movie and under the flash player file menu the create projector is greyed out !

Tong's suggestion to place my SW file in my dropbox and create a link works but in this case the other party i.e you would have to download the file for it to play rather than just playing straight away.
kris

Follow these steps it should work

Open "Casa Hamara Panaromic_out.swf" using Flash projector -----> File ------> create projector -----> suggest Name of file "Casa Hamara Panaromic_out".
This generates "Casa Hamara Panaromic_out.exe or app"

Remember to pack all your source SWF files & .exe or .app files in the same folder. you must click .exe or .app file to view your pano, no need to click SWF file.
Hopki
Gnome

Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Kidson

Hi Kris,

I open up the flash player 11.3 projector and under the file menu choose 'Open File' and click on my Casa Hamara Panaromic_out.swf - that opens and strts to play on my computer as normal.

The flas player does not permit me to click on "Create Projector" it is greyed out - all the other possibilities under the file menu are OK - i.e Open File - Open Location - Open Recent - Close - Print etc it is just Create Projector which is not available.
Kidson

Tong

put in Public folder
and click Copy public link
MKaiser

Kidson, did you ever find out why Create Projector is grayed out in Flash Player? That's my situation, too, and I want to package up some tours to give to a client on a thumb drive.

Anybody else?

Thanks.