Help: autorotate object flash VR waste RAM until it's full

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
Micha

Hello,

I create some object VR movies in flash format. I gave the movies to my client and now I get the feedback - it run slower and slower after a little while. I tested it here - the RAM usage increase very fast. What can I do? Is it a flash player or a Pano2QTVR bug?

Ciao,
Micha
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
Micha

... I see know, at 2GB it stop for a while. Than the usage decrease at a low value and the animation turns again. It seems to be a general Flash behavior.
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
thomas
Chief Gnome

Yes it is the problem of the garbage collector in Flash.
MfG, Thomas
Micha

That's a pity. The Flash movies are smoother turning than Quicktime Movies.
Also, there is no free player solution for fullscreen and no solution for large object movies at 64 bit system - DevalVR crash, Quicktime dosn't work. Flash was my hope. The situation for large object movies isn't the best. :?

So, if my clients want to get a 800 image object movie, than QuickTime Pro at a 32bit system is the only solution or?
thomas
Chief Gnome

I can try to implement a work around over the weekend. Maybe I find a solution for Flash.
MfG, Thomas
Micha

Sounds good. :)

From my clients I know this wishes for a object movie at presentations. Maybe you like to think about it for future implementations:

- endless automatic rotation

- full screen (could be nice to choose between scaling the movie or filling with a frame around with a specific color)

- automatic rotation stop, if the user turn the object, but automatic start after a few seconds (good for public presentation and mouse control only). For example it could start at the default first view again after one minute of no interaction.

- viewing per free player

For example Rhino 3D users are Designer often. They need a tool that allow an easy workflow for creation of object movies. At the moment Rhino3D will be improved for better graphic card usage. So, many good looking images can be created within a few minutes.
Micha

Thomas, did you know a program for creating own controls or own flash object movies? Something simple, not Adobe Flash.
360Texas

Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

I hope to release a complete new Object Movie software with support for the same platforms as Pano2VR in early 2008.
MfG, Thomas
Micha

Thank you for the answers. For Pano2VR I miss an option, that allow to enable "autorotate", that pause for ".. seconds" after an user view manipulation. Two options could be interesting - rotate from default start posistion or rotate around z-Achse from the current view.

I'm ver curious for the Object Movie software. :)