Is there a way to jump back to previous pano

Q&A about the latest versions
THildebrandt

Quick question: Is there some way to once one is in a pano and clicks through
to another one to automatically hit a "back" button of some sort and return to the previous
pano? What coding must be used on the button? Is it possible in Pano2VR?
Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have looked at this before, the only way I found was to output each panorama with its own HTML page then add the following to a text box.

Code: Select all

<A HREF="javascript:history.go(-1)"> [Go Back]</A>
This works but has the disadvantage that each pano needs a skin and the fullscreen brakes when going from node to node.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
THildebrandt

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.
gwindle

Is this still the case or is there a way to get to the previous pano without creating individual HTML pages for each pano?

g
Hopki
Gnome

Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
gwindle

Thanks for the reply, Hopki, it seems like this will only work for a linear set of panoramas with just next and back navigation. My tour has maps, hotspots embedded in the pano as well as a site map. All of which are available at any time for the user to choose what they want to look at. Therefore, going "back" to the previous pano depends on where you came from rather than a pre-determined linear order.

Do you have any ideas on how to capture the node name of the pano the user is currently on and store it as a dynamic variable? Then I guess there needs to be a way to make the back button go to that variable once on the next pano the user chooses. Does this make sense?

TIA

Greg