Force a wait...

Q&A about the latest versions
MetlabBob

Hi Folks,

Any thoughts on a problem here. 42 pano tour; map pano is the html, and everything else is just linked swf; all panos use multiresolution.

Here is how to duplicate problem: From the map page, go to the mill (building on the right.) Immediately when it opens, and before it has finished loading, click on the magnify glass. It is a video of the mill wheel.

2 problems have been detected. 1. Popup stayed black, upon closing and entering the mill building, the video suddenly opened up where it shouldn't, and not inside the popup box. 2. The video opened, but then the whole program crashed after a few seconds with the Adobe crash screen.

I you wait a few seconds, this does not happen and the video loads nicely. My thought was to turn on the screen-tint during the load to prevent clicking hotspots, or turning all the hotspots off during the load. Both are easy to do, but I don't know how to link this to the load function.

Hope I have explained this properly.

http://www.museumshamilton.ca/backus/BackusMap1.html

Thanks
Bob
MetlabBob

In an attempt to fix this, I decided to use the screen-tint to to block mouse-clicks in the reload source, but it seemed not to work. I tested the reload function with the following:-

Add an image to the skin:
TestPic

In the loading bar add:-
Source = Reload
Action = Change Element Angle
Angle = 45
Target = TestPic

Going to the next pano in the tour had no effect. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the reload event???
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
If you have already visited a panorama then there is no load or reload as it is in the web browsers cache memory.

The hotspot template is unique as it loads and reloads in every panorama even if already in the cache.
So try putting hotspot template in the skin and give it an ID of say trigger, then add your actions to that.

Example,
Loaded => Change Element Alpha => Alpha:0 => Target: screen tint
Give the template a Hotspot Proxy ID of: * (the wild card)

In all the other hotspot templates add: Mouse Click => Set Element Alpha => Alpha:1 => Target: screen tint

Now in every panorama add a point hotspot with the Skin-ID of trigger, no other information's required.
As you click a hotspot it will change the screen tint to alpha 1, and then when the next panorama loads the screen tint will fade out.

Of course if you use multi resolution change the action in the trigger hotspot template to: Loaded Levels => Change Element Alpha => Alpha:0 => Target: screen tint

EDIT: The Hotspot Proxy ID in the point hotspot is not necessary, I was thinking about putting the Mouse Click Set Element Alpha to 1 action in the trigger hotspot template and using the wild card so it reacts to all point hotspots.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MetlabBob

Thanks again Hopki, I will go ahead and follow the recipe!

Cheers