Loading Bar in the switching of flash files.

Q&A about the latest versions
Miky

Hello, :D

I've put a loading bar that will show how much % of the pano is loaded and it works fine every time a new flash plays but:

Can I activate a loading bar between flashes. Sometimes, mostly on low bandwidth or slow computers after I click an hotspot it takes 3-5 seconds till the next flash is starting and just then the loading bar activates (it shows how much time till the full loading of the current flas).
I want that the user will see a loading bar in this 3-5 seconds - the switch between 1 flash to another.
The users think that the hotspot isn't working because it doesn't go there instantly but if they see a loading bar they will wait.

Thank you very much for your reading and help!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
There is a way around this........sort of..........
Please find attached a project that has five nodes and can be found online here: http://support.ggno.me/loader
The link will only be up for a few days or until I do some house keeping.

What happens is the loader now shows on Click rather than on a Reload. It still hides on Loaded, but the loading text is split into two different text boxes. The one with the loading place holder, $p still has the reload action to show it, but the other does not. The down side to this is you will see it ever time the point hotspot is clicked.

The mods:
Add to the Hotspot Template:
Mouse Click => Show Element => Target: loading
Loaded => Hide Element => Target: loading

Remove all actions from the container "loading"

Copy and paste the element, loadingtext and rename the copy loadingtext loader, making sure they are stacked, on top of each other.
In the element loadingtext, remove the $p%.
In the loadingtext loader, remove "Loading... and position the $p% so it is in line with the end of the text from the other text box.
Add the actions to the element loadingtext loader:
Loaded => Hide Element => Target: $self
Reload => Show Element => Target: $self

Add the same actions to the element: loadingbar

Regards
Hopki
Attachments
loader.zip
(830.1 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Miky

Thank you so much!
I'll try it! :D
Miky

Hey,

Just wanted to say: it works perfectly! big thank you!

But I've done domething a bit else. I've put an image of an hour glass (sand watch\clock), instead of the [loading bar]. So every time I press the Hot Spot the hour glass turns to say: "wait".
Too bad there isn't support for *.gif, if there was I would have put animated hourglass.

Thank you! Such a great people here! :D :D
Hopki
Gnome

Please find ggsk skin file with a hourglass loader. I can change the colours if needed.
Note it will run at the same frame rate as the panorama which is default 50fps
Open the ggsk skin file and copy and paste the loader in your own projects. :)
Regards
Hopki
Attachments
hourglass_loader.ggsk
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Miky

Thank you! right, forgot i could put flash :roll:

I've used this one: http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Basics/A ... /index.php

thanks a lot! :D
dallasrab

Hopki,

Attached is the "loader.zip" which you posted a while back...but modified because I opened each pano2vr file and re-created. I DID NOT make any changes to to your original files, just opened and hit "create all". Now as you can see, the loading bar is no longer working properly except for the initial opening of the first scene. I've downloaded your loading bar in the past and used it, along with the actions/commands you provided with it, and it worked like a charm. Now all of a sudden, I cannot get any of my loading bars to work properly...along with other components such as my buttons/actions that address multiple elements. So this is why I downloaded it again. Do you have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks,

Dallas
Attachments
loader.zip
(802.31 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
The project in this thread was a little different as the loader wanted to be seen on click rather than on reload.
What you are describing is very odd, can you provide a screen print of an opened panorama on your system?
Could you send a project so I can upload to test?
Do you get these problems locally or when uploaded on a server?

As much information as possible.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com