How transforming Pano2VR in STD .mov

Q&A about the latest versions
Kidkodak

Hello, I am serching a way to transform a Pano2VR output in .mov who I can using in the video editing soft Adobe Première pro.
I was trying the last version of Pano2Movie soft but maybe, I dont set properly the settings but I have al lot of unwanted pixels.
Is some genius have an idea?
Thank Kidkodak :shock:
erik leeman

Not with Adobe's Première Pro, but with Adobe's AfterEffects you can do all that you could possibly want to do with your panos and video.

Here's a link to the first part of a series of four tutorials on how to do it:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles ... world1.php

And if you already have AfterEffects, and still have some money to spare, you could invest in this plugin to make things easier:

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/product ... e-horizon/

But doing it the way it's shown in the above tutorials you'll get perfect results, you don't really need the plugin.

Success!

Erik
erik leeman

Here's a (very simple) example of what you can do with your pano's using Adobe AfterEffects and Carl Larsen's tutorial on Creative Cow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/6155802334/

The version shown on Flickr was transcoded by Yahoo, and sadly turned into utter crap.
Therefore please download the 14.8 MB original if you want to see it as it should be seen.

Some data from the uploaded version:
format: QuickTime Movie (.mov).
dimensions: 1280x720 pixels.
duration: 20 sec.
framerate: 24 fps.
auto keyframes.
H.264 compression, millions of colours.
bitrate limit: 6,000 kbps (6,22 Mbps)
file size: 14.8 MB.

Uncompressed this 20 sec. video is 1.23 GigaBytes in size!

As you can see, making a video from a 360 degree panorama showing just one single revolution will produce HUGE files!
Compare that with the same quality interactive output from Pano2VR at about 4MB for this pano.

Cheers!

Erik

edit: Hmmm, looks like it's not possible to download the original movie when you're not signed in with Flickr : (
Robert Harshman

Kidkodak wrote:I was trying the last version of Pano2Movie soft but maybe, I dont set properly the settings but I have al lot of unwanted pixels.
Is some genius have an idea?
Thank Kidkodak :shock:
When using Pano2Movie the output format MUST be converted, not "as is" if you want whatever compression codec to be used. "As is" output does not apply any compression and will produce huge files. But, if you did that and find the output files too large, using Premier Pro will not really change things that much as MOV files from a scripted 360 movement will always be much larger than the original 360 since it's capturing and saving all the pixels from the movement compression or not.

Cheers,

Robert