Radar beam at oblique angle

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
aambrose

Has anyone simulated a radar beam at an oblique angle. In other words, rather than having a vertical view of the beam as it rotates, has anyone simulated it to look as though it is rotating on a slanted plane? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Tony
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tony
Pano2VR only lets you rotate an element or move it with the panorama, side to side, so you can build a window compass.
There is planed a plugin compass that will do this, but not high up on the to do list.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
aambrose

Hi Hopki,
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Can you provide more details?

I was referring to having a radar beam circle a point as though the beam is on a tilted plane. For example, tilt a horizontal plane about 15 degrees so the area furthest away is 15 degrees above horizontal and the area closest is 15 degrees below horizontal. Then create a radar beam that simulates rotating on that plane. Kind of like using cos(Tilt) with Scale Y to make the beam look as if it moves up and down when you tilt. In my example, the shape of the beam would change as it rotates around the center. The reason for this is I have a map that is at an oblique angle and I would like to put a radar beam on it. Using the standard radar beam which is set to work on a flat or vertical map just doesn't look right on an oblique map.

Thanks,
Tony
Tony
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Tony
I know what you mean but no Pano2VR can not do this, it can rotate an element or move it across the screen to make a window compass, please see this link: Here
You could use a mask and only have a small portion show rather than all the compass.

In the element you will use as a directing, say North just give it the modifiers Move X, Pan, Factor: 10.000, then use the offset to get it pointing in the correct direction.

I know this is not what you want, but it may be an alternative for the moment at least.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/