Actions on Area Hotspots

Q&A about the latest versions
abgestumpft

Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a similar tour as the example tour (http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/pano2vr_3/ntour/).
But I want to use Area Hotspots instead of Point Hotspots.

So far everything went fine, except one thing:
When changing the panorama the marker on the map disappears an shows up at the new location after the new panorama was loaded. In the example tour this is done via hotspot template:
Loaded: Change Element Alpha - 1
Loaded: Show Element - mhs_loc

This template is then used for the point hotspots. But I use area hotspots and don't see the option to use such a template.

For now don't use this alpha setting: the marker is already on the new position while the transition effect of old panorama is still running.

Is there a solution for my problem?

regards
Sebastian
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Place a point hotspot with a Skin-ID of "Loader" in every panorama of the project, place it at the vey top of each pano, but it does not really matter as you will not see it.
Then in the skin editor place a hotspot template with the ID of "Loader".

Now give it the required actions:
Loaded => Change Element Alpha => Alpha: 1 => Target: Pointer
Loaded => Set Element Angle => Angle: $ui => Pointer.

The area hotspot can change the pointer to Alpha o, then the above will fade it in when the next panorama is loaded, and I am also using the user data information text box to store the angle data for each panorama.

Don't put an image on the hotspot template then you will not see it in the panorama, hotspots are unique making them perfect when you want something to happen when you have loaded a panorama. Just because you are not using them for navigation does not mean you can't use them for loading events. :wink:

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
abgestumpft

Hi Hopki,

thanks for the quick reply.
I have tested this and it's working fine. Since I've already added invisible hotspots for lensflare I've used them (to save diskspace :D)

regards
Sebastian