Unable to exit full screen in GoodReader

Q&A about the latest versions
Andrew H

I've been playing with converting some of my 360 degree panos to HTML5 to play in GoodReader on my iPhone, using the HTML5 output option in Pano2VR.

They work OK, and the quality is reasonable. They display full screen as soon as they open, without GoodReader's menu bar. This is fine, except that the only way I can exit them is by closing GoodReader by pressing the iPhone's home button. No tapping anywhere on the screen will bring up GoodReader's menu bar.

iPhone OS is 4.2, GoodReader version is 3.6.1.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong, please?

Regards

Andrew
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Don't use the fullscreen check box in Pano2VR, to go fullscreen just double tap the panorama when displayed. To exit, just double tap the panorama again and then in a blank area a single tap should bring up the GoodReader menu bar.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
alabwab

Hi,

for the iPad I found this solution to work:
In case You cannnot go back into GoodReader's main menue (espescially when using a fullscreen-version of Your panorama) use GoodReader's deadlock emergency recovery setting in the iPad's main settings app.

Regards Alois
Andrew H

Hopki wrote:Don't use the fullscreen check box in Pano2VR ...
Thanks, Martin, that's really interesting.

After reading your reply I reopened my Pano2VR project and hunted high and low for a 'fullscreen' check box, but couldn't find it. Then I realised that I was not using the release version of Pano2VR v3.0, but 3.0 beta 3. I started the release version and, sure enough, there in the HTML pane was a 'fullscreen' box, which actually wasn't checked. I re-output the .html and .xml files without changing anything, transferred them to my iPhone and everything is OK.

The really interesting thing, which I hadn't mentioned in my original post, is that the old .html and .xml files also worked fine originally, allowing me to go into and out of fullscreen mode on my phone, until I updated GoodReader about two versions ago. So it seems that GoodReader may have moved the goal posts at that point and that Thomas then needed to change Pano2VR's html to suit.

Kind regards

Andrew