Quito Virtual

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
hmontero

Hello everybody,

This is an example of my virtual work done for my city Quito, in the middle of the world.
Pano2vr with Joomla!

http://www.qpqweb.com/patrimonio

I would like having from you comments and reviews. It would be very helpful for me.

Thank you!
Beto
Mdholl

Hi.
Panos looks good, though you can improve it with a little bit of HDR (there are areas that are over-burned).

swf Limit min FOV - now one can zoom in too close and image becomes pixelated.

tour
- cant understand what for these 4 thumbs are. If I understood right, there are much more panos.
- I would like to have a map INSIDE the pano.
- I think, that text-info-box of the area hotspot should be of most TOP. For now one cant read all the text because of buttons, arrows and so far.
- huge rectangle "map" is full-screen switcher? what is it for?
- if one click on some arrow inside the pano, all other hotspots should be dis-activated, I think.

its a brief sight.

Also, I am too lazy to find out where this city is. Can you post this info right here? :)
360Texas

Tucked away high in the Andes, Quito is the capital city of Ecuador and is surrounded by majestic mountains and volcanoes.

It is 2850 metres above sea-level and has a population of 1,400,000. Despite the fact that Quito is only 22 km south of the equator it is possible to see snow capped mountain peaks on a clear day.

But then you probably already knew this by using Google.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Mdholl

Cool. I really was too lazy.
It seamed for me as Italian city... :)
Bostjan

Nice tour of the Capital. It is a good architectural presentation of the old downtown. But life there is much more vivid, so it would be great to add as a second "module" some action VRPs with people and insitu recorded sound... that what you have allready done and the addition of VRPs with people and street life would be great.

Boštjan
hmontero

Quito was the first World Heritage City named by UNESCO in 1978. The City has the biggest and most preserved Colonial Centre of America, a mixture of eclectic, colonial and republican architecture with a relevant Indian component that gives its distinctive beauty.

About the guidelines,

I’m fixing the Limit min FOV in order to zoom close with less pixelated image results. Now is 5/80.
The 4 thumbs are pano sections buttons with a shortcut function in the tour. Maybe is a good idea to implement an instruction to show a warning ¨wait a moment please…¨ I’ll try with the tooltip text …
I used an inside map for the tour but when the project growth, the skin was growing heavier, and the map was becoming a headache, so I look for an alternative outside map, I’m not very pleased with the final results but is a useful tool by now. A section map inside the panos, related with the shortcut buttons of the skin maybe is a good idea as a navigation complement for the tour.

For the client, the main purpose of the tour was to generate a patrimonial inventory tour that could catalog all the colonial buildings at its real conditions of preservation in order to take politics and directions for its future conservation, that’s why they ask us to produce the panos with no people, traffic or any visual noise, so we worked early morning on Sundays.
The idea of a second module with people and in situ sound is very attractive, we will expose this to our client.

Mdholl
360 Texas
Boštjan

Thank you for your time an contribution,

Best regards,

Beto.
david123

Beto,

A very nice job, you really get a feel for Quito.

On the technical side, did you need to put the panoramas in a wrapper on Joomla! or is there a nice module that you use? Also, how did you manage to link the map hotspots to the panoramas? Hand-coding HTML?

Nice work,

Dave (UK)
hmontero

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your comment,
We developed a joomla template that matches with the brand aspect of qpq, our company, integrating modules as google translator, climate tool, clock ….etc.
We integrate the panoramas with the common code used to call them with no need of wrappers. The use of an external map was a necessity for the project witch counts 360 panoramas; that contribute a weightless skin to the entire virtual tour. The map was develop with zoomify for flash and with a lot of patience because the limitations of that tool. I’m not so satisfied with the map results in terms of navigation but it’s not to bad considering the main purpose of the tour witch is to show the entire colonial downtown street by street.

Beto