Version 3.0 Reference Error

Q&A about the latest versions
sportsnapper

:oops:
I didn't update the flash standalone player, but the browser player - first thing I saw in that link above - should have spent more time reading it. Just re-updated the Desktop player aka projector. This now opens the created swf file without any errors.

Of course I still get the errors using flash cs3 - I guess cos it's getting a bit old now - like me :)
Steve Schultz

Here is an attachment of one of my outputs. I also updated to Flash player 10.2
OK this is strange - When I output this file from pano2vr I was able to do so if it opened in an html page. If I unclicked the html box
to output just the .swf I got the blank box as shown in my earlier post. When I am in Flash and try to open that same .swf I still get the blank box.
But now when I attached the file for this forum and looked at the preview it works just fine!
Attachments
main street test1_out.swf
(971.14 KiB) Downloaded 3536 times
smooth

Steve,

It all has to do with the association between the .swf file the standalone Flash Player.
I can't tell you how to do it as I don't play MAC.

Somebody like Hopki who does play MAC can offer you the instructions.

For PC you simply Right Mouse click and choose properties. You look to see what it is associated with and choose to change it.
Surely MAC can't be all that different?

Search Google:
http://www.fileinfo.com/help/mac-change-program.html
http://osxdaily.com/2009/10/25/change-f ... -mac-os-x/
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/mac- ... 81939.aspx

Regards, Smooth 8)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Thomas is looking in to this and it's to do with CS3 flash player, if you Ctrl/click (right button click) you can choose to open with, choose the Flash Play app, this is for a one off operation.

To change which program you open with, Ctrl/click, Get Info.
Then you will see about half way down, Open With, click the drop down box and select your player. Make sure you click Change All.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Steve Schultz

Hello All, again thanks for your time helping with my problem. Unfortunatly I am not much of a computer geek (and geek I mean that in a GOOD way) and I have not had to deal with these issues with the previous version.
• Firstly I did right click on a file, go to get info and changed it so .swf files open in Flash CS3 and did change all. All that happened was all my .swf files lost their .swf icons and all changed to the blank sheet of paper with the folded corner icon. (can I get the original .swf icons back?)
• In Flash I can open any .swf made with the previous pano version but I cannot open any .swf created with the new pano version.(just blank).
• When I create a new pano in version 3, I still just get a blank window when I go to create the file.
• Now if I open Flash Player 10.2 and go to open a file created with version 3 it will open. (in Flash player, not Flash itself)
• In Flash Player I can open a file that has a skin with a hot-spot pop-up photo as in my sample above. But what then happens is a get a settings warning and have to go to the Flash settings box every time and approve the path for that to work when working on it locally. I did not have to do that before.
• I'm sure I've got something wrong but even with the trial version when I knew nothing I was quickly able to get panos up and working and opening in Flash. Thanks, Steve.
smooth

You are meant to link your .swf files to Flash Player 10.02 standalone/projector NOT Flash CS3
Flash CS3 is old, outdated and not supported with the newer versions of published files from Pano2VR.

We have explained the security settings.
"If" the object is being called from another computer (via the Internet) to a local file on your computer you will get a security warning.
This will NOT happen once you have placed the tour (your tour) online on a server to be accessed via the Internet.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Steve Schultz

OK well I guess that was my problem - the previous version of pano2vr was compatible with Flash CS3 and the new version is not compatible
with Flash CS3. Also I will have to confirm the path the first time around for any pop-ups relating to hotspots. That explains a lot.
Sorry it took so much to get to a relatively easy answer. Thanks everyone for your time and help, Steve.