Problem with Hotspots in new version

Q&A about the latest versions
BobStapleton

I have a virtual tour that consists of approx 55 panos all are linked via multiple hotspots and there are additional hotspots in each pano in the tour which link to external websites. A couple of days ago I downloaded the new beta release of Pano2VR. I did a couple of changes to the tour and updated it however now none of the hotspots work anymore, somehow it appears that all of the $hu and $ht tags have dissappeared in the skin editor and even when I put them in again the links still do not work. Does anyone have any ideas?
Sharky

Hi Bob,

I too have upgraded this wekend to Beta 4.

I have a 10 pages multi-linked Virtual Image tour. I went in and made a few tweaks that the clients wanted... now the Hotspot url: >.html links don't work! All the static >.html links still work.

I removed Pano2VR Beta 4 off one of my machines, and rolled it back to my original Pano2VR Beta version, but it wont work with the now upgraded .p2vr files, because they must have additional code links in them.

I really don't work to have to re-create the files, but I was supposed to host this for the client tomorrow and now it don't work. I really hope someone, anyone sees this and gives us the heads up ASAP, otherwise I could lose this contract. Come on team please help!
Sharky

Bob,

Found the solution. Yeh! :D

Apparently it's because the Pano2VR software guys have fixed a bug with the older software that the hotspot URL doesn't work the way we (or certainly I) was using it. I've changed all my hotspots from "open next panorama" to "go to URL" and everything now works.

Check out... http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... =13&t=5513

Good luck...