Skin editor locks up on when changing properties of an item

Q&A about the latest versions
altman.norris

Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden my skin editor becomes unclickable when i go to the properties of any element? I can move my mouse around fine, its just when i click on something in "dings" at me. The only way to get "undingable" is to hit ESC or Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Thank you in advance for your time,

AJ
smooth

When you open the properties you are opening a new window and only this window you can edit until you close it. Anything outside of the open properties window will "ding" as it doesn't have focus.
Sure you can move the mouse around anywhere on the screen but the only editable place is the opened focused properties window.

Well, that is how it works in a normal correctly operating state. Yours is different?

Regards, Smooth 8)
altman.norris

mine is different in that the properties window doesnt open when it should. the system acts like its open however its not there. i reinstalled with the same result
Hopki
Gnome

Hi AJ
This sound very similar to a problem I had recently.
Please download this zip and extract the .reg file, this clears the keys in the registry, you will need to put your license key back in, so make sure you have it to hand before you do.
Let me know how you get on.
I plan to have a tip up soon which will also cover Object2VR, as well as having the file for that too.
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

Just a thought...

If you have multiple monitors it could be that the "properties" window is opening on another monitor and needs to be dragged back to the current visual monitor.

Regards, Smooth 8)
altman.norris

Hopki,

The reg file worked beautifully. Thank you for that. Im back to work.

AJ
jiminlai

I'm having the same problem with Version 3.0. But I'm on a Mac.

Can anyone tell me now to resolve this? It happens when I change the font color to white, and when I change a rectangle background color to black.

Help please....
Hopki
Gnome

Hi which version are you using?
Beta 5 should work ok?
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Judy-A

jiminlai wrote:I'm having the same problem with Version 3.0. But I'm on a Mac.

Can anyone tell me now to resolve this? It happens when I change the font color to white, and when I change a rectangle background color to black.
On Beta 5 the color-selection freeze is gone but the Apple Color Picker is no longer available. :(

In Beta 4, you can get out of the freeze by hitting Cmd+, (Cmd+comma) which brings up the Preferences. Then hit Return which closes the Preferences without making any changes.

Judy
jiminlai

Just realized I'm on beta3.

Will update to beta5 now. Thanks!