Help creating tour with hotspots, map and menu

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
cesarp

I have been asked to create a tour for an art gallery that will have a point hotspot template plus a drop-down menu and possibly an interactive map. What I'll need to do is connect this elements so that when the user clicks on a hotspot and the next panorama opens, the text fields in the drop-down menu and the map update to show the current location.
After reading the hotspot tutorial I'm not sure I have enough information on how to do this.

I'll appreciate suggestions or examples that I can study, specially skins with similar behavior. Thanks in advance.
Sebastian

That's quite many things to cover in a short reply :)

Why don't you check the Pano2VR tour sample: http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... flashtour/
and download the source to study.

It comes pretty much with every spec you asked for.

regards
Seba
cesarp

Thanks Sebastian,

That's exactly what I did, and after examining the source files of the tour I was able to link the elements the way I needed! :D
So far everything works OK, I'm learning without really understanding some things, but the sample tours are very helpful. I'll make more specific questions if some problem or doubt appears. My main concern is that the information about Pano2VR is scattered in many places and formats, and it's hard to find sometimes.
Best regards...
Sebastian

I'm not trying to be lazy or convenient, but I would suggest you check the videos in Tutorial section. Especially when comes to Hot Spots. They go by Basic to Advanced. Just by watching, you will get
familiar with some of the lingo and methods of doings things. Trust me, from there on, everything will be much more understandable. They really quite good.
And if your skills exceed the "tutorials" levels, you sure will find the answers here, existing posts or simply by asking. With the "lingo" tho, will be much easier to narrow down what you are looking for.

There is one more file, with Pano2VR 3.0 features. I just couldn't find the link. I will try to look it up again. Quite similar to what you have now, just few small extra features.

regards
Sebastian
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Cesarp
cesarp wrote: My main concern is that the information about Pano2VR is scattered in many places and formats, and it's hard to find sometimes.
Always looking for ways to improve the website and the information on it.
If this is a concern, it may well be to others as well and would welcome suggestions on how this could be improved.

We have the Documentation, which is a wiki based online instruction guide for both Pano2VR and Object2VR.
We also have the Tutorials to help you get you going.
New to the list is the Support Gnome YouTube Channel.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
smooth

How about making a web page that allows easy navigation to all help files.

Such as www.gardengnomesoftware.com/learning

From this page have launch hyperlinks to all relevant pages. Wiki, Tutorials, Videos, Placeholders etc.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Sebastian

Hopki wrote:

If this is a concern, it may well be to others as well and would welcome suggestions on how this could be improved.

We have the Documentation, which is a wiki based online instruction guide for both Pano2VR and Object2VR.

Regards
Hopki
Could you paste the url to ver3_demo_tour_v7.zip please?
I have been trying to find the page where I got that file to share with Cesarp but no luck.
cesarp

Thanks a lot for the suggestions on how to improve my learning, I'll watch the tutorial videos again now that I've learned a bit more reading the tutorials and examining the sample tours.
Hopki wrote:Hi Cesarp
cesarp wrote: My main concern is that the information about Pano2VR is scattered in many places and formats, and it's hard to find sometimes.

Regards
Hopki
Youtube videos, that's a wonderful resource, Hopki! I appreciate the time and effort you devote to this community, I'll check them soon. smooth's idea of a page devoted to learning sounds good. We could have an alphabetic index to the relevant topics, and all the information available could be accessed more easily. That means a lot of work, IMO, and maybe we should all contribute in a way or another.
Best regards and thanks again,

Cesar
sportsnapper

Sebastian,

here's the URL http://gardengnomesoftware.com/samples/ ... our_video/ the download link is at the bottom of the page....

Gareth
Sebastian

Thanks Gareth :)
k.ary.n
Gnome

We could have an alphabetic index to the relevant topics, and all the information available could be accessed more easily.
Although it's not complete, we do have an index. Its main intention is to be a glossary of terms. However, significant links to documentation are included within the definition. Perhaps we need to make this more prominent.

Thanks for the input!
smooth

k.ary.n wrote:
We could have an alphabetic index to the relevant topics, and all the information available could be accessed more easily.
Although it's not complete, we do have an index. Its main intention is to be a glossary of terms. However, significant links to documentation are included within the definition. Perhaps we need to make this more prominent.

Thanks for the input!
This page throws an error "Notice: Undefined index: printable in /var/www2/ggsw/wiki_sub/phase3/skins/Ggsw.php on line 82"
The index is OK but the address is crap! Simplify it to something like I mentioned http://gardengnomesoftware.com/learning and include "all" links to tutorials, videos and the like.

Regards, Smooth 8)
k.ary.n
Gnome

Wow, sorry about that. The link works fine in Safari. Perhaps you will have better luck when you copy and paste (or jump from here): http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... -_Glossary

PS. We are currently working on a page like you suggest. But for now I was simply pointing out another page that may be useful for some in the interim.
360Texas

Hmm something has issue on Line 82 click link and see INdex +

Notice: Undefined index: printable in /var/www2/ggsw/wiki_sub/phase3/skins/Ggsw.php on line 82

We are using Internet Explorer 8.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
cesarp

Hello again,

After reading a lot and watching the tutorial videos, I've made great progress and the basic functionality of my tour is working as intended.
I discovered two things that the experts surely know but I didn't: a) two elements (or more, I guess) can be linked to the same hotspot proxy, and b) how to use the Trigger Click action, which is self evident.

Now I'm in the process of linking point hotspots on the art works to pop-up rectangles that show images of the paintings in higher resolution and a text field with details. The problem is that adding many images to the skin will make it a huge file. I assume there are ways to load elements only when the user clicks the hotspots.

My question is: what is the best method to call this pop-up rectangles? I think it has something to do with externalize elements, but maybe there are other ways. Any help or examples will be very appreciated.

Best regards,

Cesar