Documenting hotspot data

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
sportsnapper

I'm building a few tours, and I've found that I've started adding hotspots without documenting them, so I have to open the project file and then find the hotspot and the associated data. I then realise that this is of course in the .p2vr file, in an xml format.

To make this easier, I've written an xslt stylesheet and an html page that will show the data on the screen (or stolen other peoples bits of code and glued them together would be more accurate). You can then print and create a pdf for your documentation.
Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 21.49.29.png
Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 21.49.29.png (35.08 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
The two required files are attached as a zip. You need to put the html file and the xslt file in a directory, then execute the html file. Then you can paste the name of the pano2vr project file into the text box and click the button. The hotspot parameters are then shown. For some reason it doesn't work if you hit enter - but I've already spent too long on this to fix it!

It is of course possible to extend this to show the FOV parameters etc. for the hotspots - or if you wanted the whole project file could be transformed

Hope this helps. I could have extracted the data in a tenth of the time this has taken to write - but it's quite rewarding :D

Comments/improvements are welcome - but this is essentially unsuported.

Gareth
Attachments
hotspot doc tools.zip
the 'program' html file and the transformation file
(2.5 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
k.ary.n
Gnome

Thanks for posting this, Gareth!
Laurent B

awesome! :D
but only works with Safari
explore (not)