Simulate normal lens viewing

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
pellepixel

Hi
I found out that FoV stands for VERTICAL field of view. Even when using placeholder $af.
I want the user zoom to simulate looking through a normal lens - ca 40 degrees horisontal view.
I have used the placeholder $af to feedback actual fov but were wrong becuse I took for granted it stands for horisontal view.
Is there a way to feedback the actual horisontal view? in flash

Per Pixel
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
You can change your FoV mode in the Flash Settings tab.
Standard is Vertical but you can set it to others.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
pellepixel

Thanks för quick answer..
I have tested this, as shown in enlosed file. Using Horizontal in FoV Mode.

I intend to show Horisontal fov feedback on screen with: <b> Horisontell Bildvinkel: $af</b>
but still the same problem.

If I resize the window in one direction.. for example make it thinner..then the window shows more of the landscape (get wider) and still keep the same vertical view... and show the same vertical FoV in my feedback notice.. as shown in the enclosed pict.

I would like to show the horisontal FoV that is more easier to follow an understand.

I found my problem when I knew a certain panorama width and stepped through with 40 degrees simulate a normal lens.

What have I done wrong?

Pixel
Attachments
degrees_feedback.jpg
degrees_feedback.jpg (298.79 KiB) Viewed 5853 times
pellepixel

I still want to know if it is possible to feedback the horisontal view angle to the viewer.
$af is the placeholder for vertical view angle but is there a way to get the horisontal viewing angle?
Important for example when you want to view planned windpower mills in a landscape.
When you have to simulate "beeing there" as good as possible.
And the computer screen will act as a non-distorded window.

Pixel
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you change the FoV mode to "horizontal" Pano2VR does exactly what are you asking for.
MfG, Thomas
pellepixel

Thanks for your answer. So important because I worked a month or so on this commercial project and then I want the observer can get a realistic view.

But still the same problem. Maybe something else that have to be fullfilled?
In the example above I use a 199 degree panorama view. Input type: cylindrical.
Output flash
Correction: (empty=not filled) no 3D distorsion
Scaling: with Window and FoV Mode: Horisontal

Then I use $af to return the view angle so the viewer can adjust zoom with feedback.

Enclosed a screendump plus the whole 199 degree panorama that has a two red stripes - between it is 40 degrees. Enlose even a google earth file with the place that verify that it is more than 180 degrees pan.
I tested even with Vertical and Diagonal but still the same wrong result on screen. The feed back shows 23 degrees when the actual view is close to 40 degrees.
I think I do something wrong because have not found any other person on the forum that have had this critical problem.

Using Window Vista. Export html, show in Google Crome. Today, with the newest beta, the standalone flash did not work?
Attachments
Cam_point.jpg
Cam_point.jpg (138.23 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
View199degrees.jpg
View199degrees.jpg (346.31 KiB) Viewed 5707 times
pellepixel

I locked the zoom for the viewer instead - and will continue to analyze why it not work for me.
Pano2VR is still one of my favorite software. Like the userfriendliness, lot of tools and is under quick development.
Per
smooth

Have you tried by importing the panorama image is "Flat" instead of Cylindrical?

I'm not entirely sure what it is your trying to achieve.

Regards, Smooth 8)
pellepixel

Hi again
Tried flat now again, but it give around 90 degrees horisontal fov when it actual is 40.
And how could panoVR recognize the total angle of the imported photo in flat import - in cyl you have to write the total angle in?
I always use partial views (panorama), mean lesser than 360 degrees.

Explain a little bit more..
I just want to trust the view, mean you can zoom in and out from a panoramic photo without knowing when it is right.. when is everything is as big at the screen as if the screen where a real window at the place for the real scene.
When you have to show the consecuences of for example wind mill power plants in a landscape it is important.
You can quite easily find the geometric relations between how big a photo should be and how close you should have your eyes in front to simulate this.
Usually you talk about photos taken with a normal lens but you can also find out the relations for how close you should sit and what zoom you need in a panoramic view to simulate other types of lenses.
Easily is to think about a window. That the computer screen is a window, and if you sit for example 40 cm from a 40 cm wide window the horisontal view angle is about 55 degrees, if you sit 60 cm from a 40 cm wide window it is about 40 degrees.
The same with the panoramic scene - if you want to simulate a view, you should sit and use this proportions in front of the computer screen to get the right experience.
You should be able to tune in the zoom to 40 degrees hor view if you sit 1.5 times x the screen width and so on.
But as from my earlier messages, I can not get the horisontal view angle feedback.. by using $af - only vertical view. even if I change FoV mode in flash output menu.
I would be happy if I could find this error.. what I have done wrong, and if more people test and convince me that it is possible to get feedback of the horisontal view angle.