skin on every .swf

Special forum to share and discuss skins for Pano2VR and Object2VR
visual360media

OK, may be a silly question but i have 5 panos all link together with thumbnails. Does the skin created need to be on every .swf, or just the one?
i.e do i remove all menus from the .swf panos and just have it on one or shulod the menu,. oding bar, thumbmaiols etc be on all panos ?
thanks...
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

One skin per tour when linking .swf files. The skin on the entry tour only. All other scenes are linked with hotspots via the Hotspot editor or directly linked "open next panorama" via thumbnails in the skin.
A skin is a layer (the top layer) all others are below this layer.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Ahh,,, thank you. I had my main edited skin on one, and the the thumbnails linked to others that had a similar skin on them already!
So will redo them without skins as you say, oops, the other skins didnt show or cause probs though (that i noticed)but maybe will..(maybe reload bar will work then!)
thanks
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

webworld360 wrote:..(maybe reload bar will work then!)
You will need to add the reload option to your skin like so.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Yes, cheers smooth, saw the other posts...and have the reload added, though with the other skins it may cause prob, off now to redo a few, ta :wink:
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Now in the new beta i am lining a few panos together, so have created a skin, in the 1st tour, and that has 2 arrows pointing to other panos, which
wen clicked go to those panos, ok, but wen in those panos, how do i add other arrows to these to return back? I have added another skin but it doesnt work,
(without the menu buttons at bottom) but arrows work but menu not showing up of course, cosd its not in this skin! How do i add one skin for all panos,
but have different hotpoints in each pano? if you get what i mean! MMmm, maybe its cos i used the 1st skin, and deleted some bits etc and its overwriting
the other skin... back soon, off to experiment, just wish tutorials were clearer :(
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

OOps, should read linking! What i basically mean is if you create skin for a few panos with thumbnails, they just go on first pano, and use goto url etc
but with a hotsopt u need to open the pano to work out where it goes on the image, to position it, er, no, you add that in editor, ahhh may have worked it out..
back to original skin, and try something...
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

1 Skin - first scene only!

2nd scene you add hotspots using the Hotspot editor (but no graphics) they are called from the tour skin.
If you input the correct Skin ID in the Hotspot editor that matches the ID of the hotspot (with image) in the original skin your will see the image you have assigned.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

OK, thanks Smooth, ended up working that out eventually, i just called for inastance hotspot, room one, then all ideas etc room one and it woprks.
My next prob though then has me thinking, I have on the 1 skin in my menu a ' i ' for info. That will be just info on how to work the tour,
but on each pano i would then like another ' i ' floating around, and when clicked it opens text box window with info..
Sorry, while writing this it just dawned on me that the info boxs will again all be in the main 1st skin, in fact everything goes in there right?
And we add hotspots and the like to each pano? and as long as the names match they will work yes? (ids)
Thanks, by the way, here is a link for what i have so far, under construction, oops sorry, not working properly at mo, as domain name not propagated yet,
so will post another time...
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

You are best to use the "User Data" for changing information between scenes where you use the placeholders in the skin that call the information in the User Data of each scene.
The User Data can contain basic html tags like <b></b> for bold and a whole list of others. Italics = <i></i>, <font style="verdana></font> etc.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Mm, yes, i get ya, so maybe use user data fields name, date etc for one info popup and the others for another?
What i want is to have small info popups sayin, kitchen area here, toilets here etc so maybe go the way i am,
which makes me think, would it not be better for this software to just have user data, fields 1 to 10 say, all the same size, and then
we use for what we want, our own text etc, then just call them up, say field1, field2 etc
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

yes, will use user data for basic room info and then popups i create for other stuff, all in the 1st pano skin, will post once up ans ready, thanks
Kind regards,

John Goulding