Zooming

Q&A about the latest versions
Muchlove

I want to be able to scroll the full image when I zoom in in Flash. But it is just going to the center area. How can I zoom all the way in and go to any area i want, not just one in particular?
smooth

Hold down the "Shift" key and mouse drag.

Regards, Smooth 8)
PhotoSpherix

I think I might need to look into this zoom thing. I have finally shot a product that I think I need zoom on.

http://www.photospherix.com/flash_clien ... wtest1_out

:lol:
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
Muchlove

smooth wrote:Hold down the "Shift" key and mouse drag.

Regards, Smooth 8)
Wow ok thank you.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi
Just to further this there is a new action in beta 6 called “Change Viewer Mode”.

The settings are:
0=turn mode
1=move mode
2=toggle between turn and move mode

Turn mode is the normal click and turn/rotate the object.
Move mode is used when you have zoomed in and whish to reposition the object in the window.

This gives the viewer a button to click instead of holding down the Shift key.
Having the three variables gives you the option of just having a single button, toggle, or you can stack two different buttons to show what mode you are in.

A very nice touch, thank you Thomas.
Hopki :)
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bobo

Hi,

Thanks for -shift- hint. I didn't know that.
Shift for pan works throught web site, but not when you click in full screen.
Then an object you may just turning left-right in the view that you had earlier, but for other details you must leave full screen, then pan down and switch back to full screen.

Is there any other solution for panning in full screen mode?

Thanks,
Borut
Borut
FB
vr360' project - Planica - WC ski jump
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Borut
Use the viewer mode button to switch.
See above posts.
Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Bobo

Thanks.
It's finally works :-)
Now I have a reason for buying a full license ;)

...now I really need to study the area:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/wiki/Pan ... in_Actions
Borut
FB
vr360' project - Planica - WC ski jump
Steiner

Hi Hopki,

Thanks for this input, it's helped me today. I've actually set move mode 1 to an invisible button which becomes active on load, as I felt the ability to drag the zoomed image was important enough to have as a constant:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/web/research-media/museum/01.html

All the best,
Anthony

Hopki wrote:Hi
Just to further this there is a new action in beta 6 called “Change Viewer Mode”.

The settings are:
0=turn mode
1=move mode
2=toggle between turn and move mode

Turn mode is the normal click and turn/rotate the object.
Move mode is used when you have zoomed in and whish to reposition the object in the window.

This gives the viewer a button to click instead of holding down the Shift key.
Having the three variables gives you the option of just having a single button, toggle, or you can stack two different buttons to show what mode you are in.

A very nice touch, thank you Thomas.
Hopki :)
Philux

Hi everybody!
Few questions here and a couple of requests:

Is there any chance that maybe middle mouse button drag could be linked to pan ?
Would it be possible to allow zoom to .1 or maybe .5 which will be actually enough for me. I think it will add to the organic feel of the interface.

How would I be able to reset the view not only to the startup frame but to scale it to 100% ?

Will it be possible to scroll zoom to where the mouse points ? This will be really cool ! ( Google Maps inspired .. if this is hard linked in everybody's brain by now why not use it ? )

An even better combination I think will be to control
- turn object with the scroll wheel ( the zoom in Google Maps )
- LMB click drag to pan ( Google Maps style )
- Shift / Ctrl to zoom in/out ( Pano2VR Style )

How about allow pan in 1:1 zoom ? Again, it will be a more organic navigation. And if someone either clicks and drags or scrolls it will get an instant feedback.

Is it me or the diagonal pan is a little bit reluctant ? When the image is to one extreme left / right .. it kind of sticks there with just a horizontal / vertical drag, even when the mouse moves diagonally ( shift pressed ).

After I zoom in (to center, coord 0,0 ) and pan left / right , NEXT zoom is towards the last direction if the pan. I find this a little bit weird. It should stick to the center.

And another question: is there a way to have this behavior on a single button:
on mouse click - turn object 1 frame
and
on hold - turn object continuously at a certain speed ?

It kind of works if you use click and pressed actions with a low speed on pan (0.1) but again not quiet what I want, and it still jumps a little few more frames on a simple click.

Steiner's example sounds interesting but unfortunately is no longer accessible. So I am not so sure what he has there.

I am happy to contribute with some more details on the behaviors described if someone needs more of it. It's meant to be constructive, not bashing critique.

Thanks and good luck everybody !